XVII | Home Is Where The Heart Is

THE DESPICABLE UNFORESEEABLE LIE

17 | "Home is where the heart is."

ℵ

NOT THAT SAM would dare let Martha mention it, but he held her hand the entire flight... and it was not for his very pregnant soulmate's benefit. He was on red alert, surveying his dark eyes around the plane like someone would jump up at any moment and strike.

Martha; however, slept most of the way, her pregnancy getting the best of her. They had to first fly to California before connecting to an international flight to Colombia. If she was awake, she'd be filled with unnecessary stress and worry, so it was best for her to get some shut-eye. When they landed, Samuel held her close to his side at all times.

Martha didn't mind it too much about his overprotectiveness as long as he didn't carry her around everywhere. Which, he certainly tried to do, but she gave him a steely look that warded him away. Plus, not that Sam actually knew, but Martha was fully healed. She didn't need his assistance to walk around. And as startling as that was, she thought to hold her cards close to her chest for a little while longer.

"We have to take the bus to my Tia's." Martha motioned to benches out front once they retrieved their luggage. Luckily, none of their bags were lost in transportation. Martha knew she'd need everything in there, especially because her stomach was starting to itch from its stretching. She could see the stretch marks appearing. "She doesn't live in an urban areas."

"Do you need to stop and rest, Marti?" Sam rolled their luggage together effortlessly, holding her hand tightly in his own. The young dancer was waddling now, which he thought was absolutely adorable.

Her round stomach made it harder to do most simple things now. Like, putting on her right shoe and tying the draw string around her pajama pants. More often than not, she'd give up and decide not to wear them entirely. Not that Sam was complaining.

She thought for a moment before shaking her head. "No, I want to get this over with. As soon as we get to Tia's I can put my feet up and rest then."

Martha haphazardly tossed her hair up into a tight bun on her head to keep it off her neck. Colombia was much hotter than Washington by a long shot and her long inky hair was easily becoming a nuisance. Her baby hair stuck to her face and the back of her neck for the sweat.

Sam lightly rolled his eyes at her stubbornness, leading her to the bus stop so they could wait. Now that the worst of the flying was over, he was back in control of his anxiety. He preferred his feet on solid ground. However, now his mind shifted to a new fear, her families approval. Not that it would drastically affect their relationship, but he could tell Martha held the opinions of her family dearly.