XV | Something No Apology Can Heal

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐄

15 | "something no apology can heal."

Another long boy 😭

   MARTHA WAS FAST asleep when it happened.

   Her rounded body was curled around a pillow after Sam awoke from a harsh knocking on Martha's front door. The Dancer was tuckered out after she finally made it back to her bed and crashed against the plush comforter with Sam by her side.

   For the first time, she was sleeping harder than the shapeshifter. And he had to get up to answer the door, shirtless and grumpy from being woken up by someone other than Martha herself.

   He scratched the back of his head, grumbling to himself as he pulled open the door before, whoever it was, could knock again. Sam paused, furrowing his eyebrows as he looked at Emily, Leah's cousin, standing there with a determined glint in her eyes. Unusual, but he was used to the unpredictable by now.

   "Emily?" His voice was hoarse and scratchy from sleep. "How can I help you?"

   Emily was irritated, that much he could read. Her face was screwed up in a frown of displeasure. Something told Sam it had to do with him being here, answering Martha's door, instead of the one she was actually seeking. By the accusation simpering on her brow, he knew to tread lightly.

   Meanwhile, Martha was having a vivid, imaginative dream. She turned in her sleep, picturing a beast much like the shapeshifters. The setting was a dark forest, which encompassed her on all sides. Hanging high above her like a canopy, blocking any and all remnants of the sun or moon. The atmosphere was magical – unnatural.

   She, too, noticed, she wasn't pregnant in her dream. Slim and petite as she was before that passionate night. Though, she loved having her body back, she missed her little baby boy and the bump he housed himself in.

   The beast... was fierce enough to stare her right in the face; yet, she wasn't afraid. Martha didn't shake or quiver in fright. She crouched low to the ground upon instinct, hands fisting the tall grass shards below her. Now, she was face to bleary face with the creature. She couldn't quite distinguish what animal it was for it's coat was as black as the night. The only thing that stood out, were it's glowing orange eyes.

   Hesitantly, she leaned forward and met her forehead to the beast. Martha could feel the pulse of the creature like it was her own. She was bonding with it, their heartbeats syncing.

   The two moved in tandem, limb from limb. Where Martha's chest expanded with an inhale, the creature's did too. When she blinked, so did the creature. Almost like an invisible mirror was sat in front of her... and the beast was her.