Princess

"But this time, I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of everything"

Demolition Lovers - My Chemical Romance

As Kylo Ren and his guest stepped out of the lift the chatter in the corridor immediately ceased, he noted with satisfaction.

Come. Try to stay next to me. Stand up straight and tall. They need to see you as my equal not as my prisoner.

He felt her nod silently in his mind. Good, he noted. She was starting to figure out how to speak through the dyad bond on her own.

As they made their way through the long corridors of the ship he noticed the many stares the two of them received as people scuttled out of their way. He cast his Force out to lightly probe the minds of their subordinates. He smirked at the mental image he was recieving. He saw Rey and himself striding in perfect unison through the halls, their boots clacking against the polished floors, capes billowing behind them.

More than once he noticed someone's thoughts about Rey's beauty. The thought brought his jealous streak to the surface, but even he knew he couldn't deny them this. They all knew who she was by this point. Rumors spread through the ship like wildfire and news of a Jedi, the Jedi would have reached an inferno.

He also noticed a peculiararity. He was used to being feared, he had been his whole life. Every one of his subordinates feared him, he had made sure of it. Rey seemed to inspire a slightly different reaction. The fear was there but there was something else. Awe. He also couldn't deny them that either, he himself had stood in awe before her many times. She radiated the rare combination of extreme beauty and extreme power, and that was worthy of awe.

He heard Rey's sigh of relief as they reached the door to the throne room, though she had clearly been startled at the sight of two of his knights guarding the door. He reached out to mentally reassure her.

You did well. Let me do the talking. Don't contradict me, if something upsets you, we will address it privately. Observe everyone in the room. Try and take notice of their thoughts.

He saw her swallow hard before steeling her gaze as they stepped through the threshold and into the room.

Kylo had repurposed Snoke's throne but the throne room itself looked much different. Instead of the ugly red curtains the domed wall and ceiling was completely open, providing a near panoramic view of the galaxy. The floors were polished white marble, a black and silver carpet marking the aisle. The throne sat on a low black dais, flanked by two more of his knights.

The throne. Rey's by birth, his by conquest. He had already made arrangements to have the dais expanded and a second throne made for Rey. They would rule the galaxy, together, from their throne; The last Palpatine and the last Skywalker, the two legendary bloodlines united as one. The Force itself had willed it. The Supreme Leader and his Dark Queen would be feared throughout the universe, their power absolute.

Everything went silent upon their entrance. Every person in the room bowed to the Supreme Leader as he and the woman at his arm walked the carpeted aisle towards the throne though neither of them sat. They stood side-by-side in front of it.

Ten men and women stood before them, their uniforms crisp and spotless. Rey doubted any of them had ever fought in a real battle. She released a breath she had been holding, thankful for Kylo's presence at her side.

She could sense their disdain and curiosity rolling off of them in waves. Seven of the ten radiated disdain for the enemy in their midst. Two of them, both older men with white hair, -the oldest members present- she realized, were curious. Who was this Jedi that stood next to Kylo Ren? In the center she noticed a pale ginger haired man who radiated loathing. He hated Ren, and he hated her. This could be only be General Hux.

It was Hux that spoke first, his words dripping with venom. "So nice of you to finally join us Supreme Leader. And to whom do we also have the pleasure of meeting today?" She was surprised this man was still breathing after that. But he wasn't finished yet. "We have many important things we must complete if we're to ensure the rise of the First Order."

Rey could sense the tightly controlled rage in Kylo's voice. "May I remind you General Hux that I am your Supreme Leader and you serve at my beck and call."

Rey noticed with satisfaction that Hux somehow became paler. "My apologies Supreme Leader, it's just that our day to day tasks are already extensive and our newest venture has us stretched a bit thin..."

"If you're finding yourself unable to carry out my orders General Hux, then perhaps it is time I found someone who is capable." Kylo interrupted.

Hux wisely stayed silent. Rey was no fan of bullying or intimidation but she couldn't help but enjoy Kylo's public embarrassment of this man. Something about him made her skin crawl. The story of Poe humiliating Hux during the evacuation with a prank call had become a legend in the Resistance. She understood now.

"Speaking of carrying out orders, I have assembled you to introduce you to our newest member, Rey of Jakku. She is now my second-in-command. In my absence, you are to obey her every order as if it were my own. Any disrespect will be punished accordingly."

Rey carefully stared ahead, not even trusting herself to blink. Nine of the ten officers accepted the news with stoney silence. Whatever they were thinking, they kept it to themselves. He had just named an outsider, a Jedi at that, as his second. It was unthinkable. Only Hux dared voice opposition, now visibly shaking with fury.

"Supreme Leader I must object, for the good of the Order. This girl has no military training, no history with the Order..." He was once again cut off mid sentence, only this time it was replaced with choking sounds. Rey realized with horror that Kylo was using the Force to choke him, a technique Vader was famous for using against those who had displeased him.

"I warned you that disrespect would be punished." Kylo said, the vocoder in his mask failing to hide the anger in his voice.

She breathed a sigh of relief when Kylo released him. Whatever her feelings towards this man, or his towards her for that matter, she didn't want to see him die in such a way.

"Does anyone have anything else to say?" Kylo asked the assembled group.

For the first time, one of the other members stepped hesitantly forward, seeking permission to speak. He was an older man with cropped white hair in a navy blue uniform, one of the two members who was more curious of her than resentful when Kylo introduced her. It was almost like he recognized her. Of course he recognized her, she was their sworn enemy.

"Yes, Grand Admiral Denos?"

"With much respect Supreme Leader, may I ask how we are to address my lady?"

Hux was back on his feet and back at it again. "Yes, Supreme Leader? How are we to address her? Are we to have two Supreme Leaders?" Rey wondered if this man secretly liked to be hurt.

Rey herself was now suddenly curious, this was not a detail she had given any thought. Her mind had been far too filled with about a thousand other things.  Maybe she was the Assistant Supreme Leader now? Or Second Leader?

"She is your Princess."

At the proclamation, the High Command and even the dark knights turned and bowed before her.

A/N

This was probably my favorite chapter to write so far.

Any guesses why the older men are so interested in Rey? Is everyone liking the soundtrack? Any songs you think would fit in better than what I have?

Thanks for reading