Episode 6

"It's insane out there. I'm tracking energy signals right now." I told everyone. Mark whooshed up through the elevator.

"Any theories?" Ryan asked

"No. Leo's still trying to figure it out." Mark told us

"Could it be Grey or Harper?" I asked

"Or it could be a squirrel. They nibble on a few powerlines and BOOM!" We all jumped. "city-wide blackout." Spyder said

"Spyder could be right. It might not be Grey." Harris said.

"'Spyder could be right.' So, this, um, this is what dignity feels like. It's okay." Spyder concluded. There was a noise outside and all of the city's power just poof. Gone!

"Alright, I'm pulling up energy readings and there's one house that appears to have energy." I said, typing on my computer.

"That's Veracity's house." Harris said

"How do you know her address off the bat? I've gone to her house multiple times and it took me a couple minutes to recognize that." I said, suspiciously.

"Super creepy." Spyder said, in agreement.

"Her house has more power than any building in the city." Harris said, ignoring us.

"Okay, so you guys go there and see why her house has more power." Ryan said

"Are we sure Harris should go?" I asked

"He and Veracity are a few weapons away from a duel to the death." Spyder said

"Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a duel. I'd be Veracity's second. But she would destroy you." I told Harris

"We work together when we have to. We're frenemies, you guys get that." Harris said.

"Your name in her contacts is far from friends." I told him.

"We go to the power plant and see if Grey's still there." Ryan told us and we all nodded. Spyder, Harris and I started towards Veracity's house.

*timeskip*

When we approached Veracity's house, there were flashing lights, strobe lights. I shielded my eyes.

"Veracity's having a party." I said

"A party?" Harris and Spyder asked

"And she just texted me for help." I said, putting my phone back in my pocket. We walked through the door and I gasped in shock. I saw a couple of drinks and I was vaguely aware of how thirsty I was.

"I'm thirsty." I said, and grabbed a cup, filling it with some sort of drink. I drank and it fizzed and burned my throat. I drank the rest of it and felt really giggly.

"Liz... what was that?" Spyder asked

"It was good." I slurred, slightly.

"And our best fighter is drunk." Harris said

"I'm not drunk Harris. Let's go dance." I said, grabbing Spyder's hand. He pulled me back.

"We're here to find Veracity." He told me

"And then she can dance with us!" I squealed. Harris shook his head and dragged me along, while Spyder went to go dance.

"Why does he get to go dance?" I pouted

"Because... he's Spyder. You're Elizabeth, you're sensible." Harris said, dragging me to Veracity.

"Sen-si-ble." I said, saying each syllable clearly.