Episode 14

"Ready?" Veracity asked me

"Yup!" I said. We were doing target practice, she had rigged a device that creates a moving target and I was supposed to attack it. At the same time, she was working on shields to defend the target. I decided just to use water instead of fire or ice or plasma. I shot three water balls and two hit were blocked but one hit the target.

"Again!" Veracity said. After about 30 minutes of just this we decided to take a break and physically spar.

"Why do we have to do this?" Veracity asked

"Because, if you're attacked outside the robot, it helps to defend yourself." I told her. So we sparred for a little, I won and helped Veracity up.

"Guys, make sure the jet is working and ready!" Ryan said through the Mech Link

"Let's go, also ow." Veracity told me

"Sorry." We left and started locking in the jet fully. We whooshed up through the elevator.

"You have a jet?" We heard Grace ask

"Yep!" Veracity said as we exited the elevator "And the first time we tried to use it, we almost crashed into the city."

"And I almost died." I added on

"Who are you?" Grace asked Veracity

"This is Veracity." I said

"The friend you're staying with?"

"Yep!"

"BTW, the weapon's new energy sig is on point." Veracity started

"And ready to be tested." I finished

"Come on mom, admit it, it's kinda cool." Mark said, climbing down from the loft

"Okay, it's cool. But who would be insane enough to give this to a bunch of kids?" She asked

"HI THERE!" Leo said, surprising us all. Grace punched him in the stomach and I clapped

"Finally, someone other than me did that." I cheered

"Yea, anyone else surprised that the rest of us haven't done that yet?" Ryan asked. We all just shrugged

"Welcome to Mech X4." Leo said and flinched away from Grace.

"Ryan take us down." I said and we landed.

"So we've added the anti-ooze tech to the X-weapon." Harris told us.

"Great... uhh has someone been playing with my harness?" I asked. "it's like longer than normal."

"Uhhhh... I may have tried it a couple times." Veracity said. "Here I'll help you adjust it." Veracity told me. We both fiddled with it a little while the others talked until it felt normal, then Veracity left.

"READY?!" Ryan asked

"READY!" We all said

"Mech Execute." Ryan yelled, and turned on the X-weapon. I put in 50% of my power into the weapon.

"Frequency's off by about 1.21 gigahertz." Veracity told us. 60%.

"Getting there!" Veracity said. 80% now. I've never actually gone over 80% because I may combust. So naturally, I put more force in, now I was at 100% and realized I couldn't actually stop. So I'd either continue until I die or run out of energy and go into a permanent coma. Fuck.

"GUYS! HELP!" I yelled. I felt like I was on fire, dipped in gasoline and been exposed to sulphuric acid. Leo yelled something and I just dropped. Spyder ran over to me.