6. "ᴛᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀ ɪ'ᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ."

Just as Iwaizumi was about to drift off to sleep, he heard his phone ring.

Too tired to answer any calls, he simply muted it, not bothering to see the caller ID.

He flipped onto his back and dozed off.

Thirty minutes later, he woke up from his nap, feeling a bit groggy. The school day had made him more tired than usual, and he fell asleep without even finishing his homework.

Remembering that someone had called him earlier, he searched for his phone.

He found it laying on the floor. Without moving too much from his position, he scooped an arm down to pick it up. The bright screen caused him to wince before blinking a few times to adjust.

(1) Missed Call: Shittykawa

His eyes widened as he furiously tapped the screen, calling the brunette back. He mentally chided himself for not answering before.

The call was picked up after the second ring and a tired voice came on.

"Hello?"

He bit his lip, "Oikawa? Are you okay?"

There was a quiet sniffle before the brunette answered. "I'm fine. Sorry, did I bother you?"

"No no, of course not!" He hurriedly said. "I'm sorry for not picking up earlier. Did you need something?"

"I- um. Could I borrow your notes? Mine aren't very good."

"Of course. I'll give them to you tomorrow." He swung his feet off his bed and snatched up his backpack. "Actually, it's not too late. Do you want to meet up and I could give you it now?"

"No, it's alright. No need to trouble you. I'll see you tomorrow, Iwaizumi."

"Yeah. See you then." The call ended and he frowned. Oikawa never called him by his actual name.

He fidgeted with his phone, tempted to send a text message to the brunette, asking if he was really okay. But with the way that Oikawa avoided his questions, he'd probably just get another short and vague reply.

Iwaizumi sighed and ran a hand through his short hair. He stopped when he felt the familiar tingling on his skin.

He turned his forearm so that it was facing him. Black text began appearing, this time with the lie, "Tell her I'm sorry."

Iwaizumi frowned. What does this even mean? That he's not actually sorry? His eyebrows furrowed as he considered the words.

With a deep exhale, he fell back onto his bed. His thoughts were filled with that of his soulmate and Oikawa.

He wasn't very religious, but he decided to pray that night, asking whoever was listening to keep the two safe.

Iwaizumi arrived at school twenty minutes earlier than usual today.

There wasn't a specific reason. But he knew Oikawa got to school way before he did, so he figured that he could meet the brunette early in the morning.

But as he walked down the bare hallways, he couldn't catch sight of Oikawa anywhere.

He's usually here though, Iwaizumi thought. Is he sick?

In the corner of his eye, he saw a black-haired boy standing by some lockers.

"Hey, Akaashi. Have you seen Oikawa by any chance?" He called out.