9. "ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ."

Earlier when Oikawa said something, he felt the familiar tingling sensation on his left wrist.

He didn't want to jump to conclusions, but that was only possible if they were soulmates. Right?

As he's lying in the futon, he can hear the soft snores of Oikawa. He slowly sat up and glanced over at the sleeping brunette. A faint smile graced his lips as he watched the rise and fall of Oikawa's chest.

Then he glanced down at his left wrist. He hadn't been paying much attention to it lately because Oikawa took up most of his time, but there it was in black text like a tattoo.

"It's not my fault, Iwa-chan."

Surely that can't be a coincidence?

His finger brushed over the words, a lump forming in his throat.

Oikawa, his soulmate?

He was right here next to him this whole time?

A part of him felt relieved. He had found the one for him; his soulmate. Who knew that the destined one would be right under his nose?

But another part of him was angry at Oikawa for hiding it. For not telling him.

Unless–

He doesn't know we're soulmates, Iwaizumi realized. His eyes widened as he turned back to the sleeping brunette. Of course, it made perfect sense.

If Oikawa knew they were soulmates, the brunette would be jumping all over Iwaizumi. If the brunette knew, then they'd probably already be dating.

Iwaizumi blushed at the sudden thought. Then he chided himself for blushing. It's only natural for us to date anyways. We're soulmates.

He slipped his legs out of the blanket and onto the bedroom floor. Treading silently, he made way to Oikawa's bed. Kneeling down by the side of the sleeping boy, he sighed quietly.

The brown curls of his soulmate were splayed around and revealed the white bandage on his temple. With gentle fingers, he brushed the stray hairs away and lightly traced the pale skin of the brunette.

Should I tell him? He wondered.

Oikawa suddenly mumbled something incoherent, causing Iwaizumi to snatch his hand back. His heart pounded at the thought of the brunette waking up, but Oikawa was still in a deep sleep.

He exhaled a breath and went back to playing with the brunette's curls. In his mind, a thought surfaced. When they had first met, he noted that Oikawa was weirdly good looking.

Seeing Oikawa now, sleeping and with no defenses up, the brunette looked even more handsome.

Iwaizumi's face flushed at the thought and retreated his hand once again.

"Don't go." A voice mumbled.

He froze, afraid that he had been caught. Opening his mouth to speak, he was going to explain himself when the voice spoke again.

"Please don't leave."

Oikawa was mumbling in his sleep, stray tears slipping down his face.

Instinctively, he wiped the brunette's tears with his finger. "I'm here, Shittykawa," he whispered.

"Don't go," said Oikawa again.

Iwaizumi brushed a hand against his soulmate's cheek. "I won't," he promised.

After that, Oikawa didn't say anything else, but the tears continued slipping down his cheeks.