18. "ɪ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ."

When the ambulance finally arrived, Mr. Mori suddenly appeared by his side.

The older male gasped when he saw Oikawa on the ground and then gasped even louder when he saw the body in the road.

Along with Mr. Mori came paparazzi and reporters, swarming the area like flies on rotting flesh.

But somehow Mr. Mori, being the professional-man he is, regained his composure quickly and threw himself into the sea of cameras and microphones. He spoke to the flies calmly, and before Oikawa could even gather a single thought, the sea dwindled to a puddle, and then a droplet until it was all gone.

He wasn't sure what his adoptive father told them, but whatever it was, it worked well. The first responders now had a clear path to the lifeless body.

Oikawa watched in a daze as they lifted the witch onto the stretcher.

Suddenly, a rough hand seized his arm and yanked him up onto his feet. He winced at the pain, glancing up at Mr. Mori.

"Come on, Tooru," said the male.

There was no need for him agree because Mr. Mori was already pulling him towards the ambulance.    

"Tooru."

Oikawa stared at the hospital floor. It was so shiny that he could make out the tips of his hair.

"Tooru."

The AC turned on, blasting cool air into the halls. He shivered.

"Tooru. Look at me."

Letting out a quiet sigh, he looked up to face Mr. Mori. It seemed like the latter had aged considerably in the course of a few hours.

The older male kneeled down in front of him. Oikawa resisted the urge to kick the man.

"It's going to be okay," said Mr. Mori. "Hana will be okay."

At the mention of the witch's name, he immediately tensed up.

"The doctors said that she's stable for now. If we're lucky, she might wake up by tomorrow."

Oikawa drew in a shaky breath. Mr. Mori kept talking, as if comforting himself.

"I paid those reporters off. Instead of Hana, they're going to say it was you who got hit. It shouldn't affect you so you don't have to worry about—"

"Mr. Mori."

The older male paused and then said, "Yes, yes, what is it, Tooru?"

He drew in another breath. "I killed the witch."

Mr. Mori laughed coldly. "The witch? What is this, some sort of game? Have some respect, Tooru," hissed the man.

He shook his head. "No. I- she pushed me out of the way. She saved me and got hit instead."

"So have some respect. She saved your life, Tooru."

"B-but why?" He asked, on the verge of tears. "Why'd she do it?"

Mr. Mori stood. "What kind of question is that? She's your mother."

He angrily shook his head, the tears already slipping. "No, she's not. She doesn't c-care about me. She hates me. Told me to go k-kill myself."

There was no reply from Mr. Mori. The only sound in the halls was Oikawa's sniffles.

"Hana cares," began the older male. "Even if you don't think so."

"Cares enough to tell me to go die," he responded bitterly.

Mr. Mori sighed. "Tooru, listen—"

But Oikawa didn't listen and Mr. Mori didn't explain because they were interrupted by loud shouting nearby.

"Move! I'm here to see someone, and you can't stop me!"

Oikawa frowned. Iwa-chan?

"Sir, this is a private facility. You can't just force your way— WHERE IS SECURITY?!"

Mr. Mori raised an eyebrow dubiously. "Is that Hajime?"

"I think so."

The older male laughed. "I'll get him." And then he left, leaving Oikawa alone in the hall.

He quickly wiped his tears on his sleeve. No way he'd let Iwaizumi see him cry again.

The shouting came to a stop, and he heard Mr. Mori apologizing to the hospital staff. Then there was the sound of someone's steps coming closer—

And then there was Iwaizumi.