19. "ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ʜᴏᴛ."

Oikawa's tired.

Like really fucking tired.

His ankle's throbbing, still not healed from the time he fell. The cut on his forehead seemed to be burning, and he just felt sick, nauseous, and overall, disgusting.

He watched as Mr. Mori talked to Iwaizumi in the corner. They were speaking in hushed tones, but he could be deaf and know they were discussing him. Iwaizumi kept sneaking glances back at him, and he hated it.

He hated it all.

If someone told him that he would be spending his Saturday night at the hospital because a particular witch jumped in front of a car for him, he would feel terrible that their soulmate has to deal with shitty lies like that.

But he's never had the best luck—never had any luck really—so the lie is a reality, and wow, he fucking hates it.

He hates the looks that passing nurses and doctors are giving him, he hates that Mr. Mori paid off reporters, and he hates the concern in Iwaizumi's eyes, as if the male didn't just yell at him a few hours earlier.

Speaking of which—

"Oikawa," a voice said gently, "do you want to go home?"

He glanced up at a concerned Iwaizumi then looked away.

"Can I really leave?"

"Of course. The doctors said you're free to go whenever you're ready," answered Iwaizumi.

Oikawa weighed his options. Stay here with the Mori's or leave behind this mess?

He slowly stood and began to walk away when a wave of guilt suddenly hit him. Turning back to look at Mr. Mori, he opened his mouth to say something but closed it again when his mind deemed the words unnecessary.

Instead he simply waved goodbye and started on his way to leave.

Despite his physical injuries, Oikawa decided to take the stairs from the sixth floor down to the first. He was on the second flight when he stopped walking and turned around to face Iwaizumi, who was following him from behind.

"Why didn't you take the elevator?" He asked dumbly.

Oikawa watched Iwaizumi's eyebrows furrow. The latter's grip on the handrail tightened making blue veins bulge out.

"Because I'm worried about you," said his soulmate except his statement sounded more like a question, unsure of itself at times when certainty is needed.

"Yeah?" hummed Oikawa. "Thanks." He continued his steps down the stairs, promptly ignoring the other behind him.

The sound of their shoes tip-tapping against concrete bounced off the walls, making it sound like an off-beat of some kind. Oikawa appreciated the noise because it made it hard to focus on his thoughts.

When they were halfway down the third flight of stairs, he heard Iwaizumi quietly ask behind him, "Are you mad again?"

He didn't hesitate in his step, pretending to not have heard anything so that he can avoid answering questions that he had no answers to.