17. "ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ'ꜱ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ!"

Iwaizumi felt like the polar opposite of the night.

It was beautiful out, to say the least. Cloudless and clear, the stars above twinkled like glitter in the sky. A crescent moon shined even brighter.

There was a slight breeze that ruffled the strands of his hair, but it was a relaxing breeze that would've made anyone else sigh with relief.

People milled around the streets, chatting and laughing with each other. Everyone looked happy, carefree without a worry in the world. Building lights illuminated the entire block in different hues of blues, reds, pinks, and many other colors that he didn't have the patience to name.

The Gala was now at least four blocks behind him, and you would think that maybe Iwaizumi could breathe a little easier now, but he was still choked for air as he fumed angrily in silence.

His anger was still rising up inside him. The more he thought about it, the angrier he got and the more he felt like he was being crushed by the world.

He quickened his pace to match his raging heartbeat, huffing and puffing for air as his legs sped up too.

And soon, he was sprinting down the street, pushing past people and dodging others as his feet carried him far away from the mess behind him.

Far, far away.

But he didn't run long as his temper was blinding his vision.

Iwaizumi turned right, sprinting onto the road without any thought. He faintly heard the sound of honking and someone yelling. Bright lights literally blinded him and he came to a stop, just standing out in the middle of the road.

Suddenly he felt someone grab his arm and pull him away from the street. He crashed onto the sidewalk, gasping for breath.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

He closed his eyes and covered his face with his hands. The world was starting to spin, and he felt insanely dizzy, almost nauseous.

"Hello? Are you okay? Should I call an ambulance?"

Iwaizumi shook his head, half-listening to whoever was talking. He had a very strong urge to throw up.

"Hey, what's wrong with— Hajime? Is that you?" His savior knelt down to his level, and he peeked through the space between his fingers to meet a pair of concerned-filled brown eyes.

He felt his heart leap to his throat as he croaked out, "Oikawa?" His hands fell from his face to get a better look at his soulmate—

"Oikawa?" scoffed his savior. "Who the hell is that? You don't recognize your own sister?"

"Oh," his face fell, "hi, Harumi."

"'Hi?!' Hajime, are you okay? You literally just ran out in front of a car!"

He nodded absentmindedly. The anger he felt earlier was gone and replaced with an emptiness. It was like he's hollow on the inside.

"And what are you wearing? You haven't worn a suit since Mom's funeral..." Harumi trailed off. She cleared her throat and then asked, "What are you doing out here, Hajime?"

"I'm.. I- uh—"

His sister frowned. "Maybe we should get out of here first. Let's go to my apartment; it's only a few blocks away."

Iwaizumi swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded. He needed to get away.