CHAPTER ONE

Have you ever met that one person who influences your life just by being in it? Just by giving you that smile, or just even noticing your existence?

I did.

I was just a kid then. 7 years of age, when I met her in kindergarten. She was like a ray of sunshine. With her very dark long black silky hair that seemed to shine as they fell past her shoulder blades, and her glittering emerald green eyes and happy go lucky smile that seemed to light up the room.

I didn't know why, but, I just seemed to gravitate towards her, like many around us.

I couldn't talk to her though, I had been socially awkward and shy, mostly keeping to myself, but I noticed the way she walked. It was like skipping in the air, the way her hair seemed to bounce as she moved, the way her hands curled reflexively as she walked.

I was a genius at such a young age it made me unable to click with those in class.

I even told my grandmother about her and she laughed happily, congratulating me on my very first crush.

But, she only stayed for a week before she left. And I never saw her again. But just seeing her, I couldn't seem to forget her anymore, so I pushed her into the deepest parts of my mind, hoping to never see it resurface again.

But, it did. Well, more like, she did.
When I was 13 years old. I was at the park 2 streets from mine for the first time as I'd also never been able to click with the other rich kids like me. It made my mother concerned most of the time.

Then I saw her. Her dark black hair had grown over time to fall to her waist in it's shining strands. Her eyes seemed to glow even brighter than I last remembered, and her air skipping as I now called it, was still there. But now, instead of the sundresses I remembered her wearing, she wore brown shorts, a blue top and white sneakers with calf length socks.
She also had this bold look on her face like no one could move her. And all memories and feelings from when I was still a kid immediately burst out and flooded my memories.

She smiled her sunny grin, waving to a bunch of girls and guys and I could see her charisma drew them in, but I still didn't have the guts to say hi.
She walked, with a strong stance, over to a group of boys my age as well as hers, who were enjoying a game of soccer, and demanded to be allowed to play.

It seemed it was normal around here, as some of them just groaned and waved her in, making her grin return.

I could only stare in fascination from my seat under a shaded tree, in my arms was a textbook someone my age should never understand.

I don't know if seconds, or minutes or even hours had passed, but I could only stare in awe and fascination as she played like a champ, easily dribbling and tackling the boys.
Until, the ball shot out of reach and rolled to a stop right in front of me.

Startled, I looked at the ball, not sure what to do, till my eyes widened when I saw her air skipping over to me, a grin appearing on her face as she came to a stop right in front of me.

"Hi there! Could you maybe pass the ball?"

She chirped, her hands on her waist, and I could only stare in open mouthed awe for a few seconds before a blush appeared on my cheeks and I quickly scrambled up to my feet, blushing even more as she giggled.

I was a pretty non athletic boy, and I had more fat in my body, I was quite chubby but not so chubby.

Finally on my feet, she gestured with her leg for me to kick the ball and nervously, I kicked forward but missed, stumbling a bit and I heard her giggle again behind her hand and my ears got red.