CHAPTER TEN

LIZA'S POV

“Ugh! I should wring your neck where you stand Adam Steven Stone!”
I gritted out in anger as I walked into Grey Industries the following morning and seeing Adam there too with his suitcase.

“You still haven’t told me how you know my middle name you know”
He grumbled as he ate what looked like a bagel.

“You sold me out man! Put me under the boss so you wouldn’t be the one to have to go again!”

He have me a shrug.
“Hey, at least you made it out alive. Good job Liza!”

Before I could open my mouth to talk again, the double doors of the building slid open and in comes Mr. Grey, looking as imposed as ever in black suit, tie and his black suitcase, Trent driving the black Mercedes away. Adam turned when he saw my look of surprise and he also let out a noise too.
As he passes, I quickly greeted him.
“Morning Mr. Grey”
He gave me a small almost imperceptible nod and just walked towards the black elevator doors as people greeted him respectfully and he entered. As it shuts, Adam could only stare into space.

“That’s quite an… alarming recovery for Damien. I wonder what changed his mind to make him come in today…”

He said, lost in his thoughts but a small, almost unnoticeable grin appeared on my face.

Good to have you back Mr. Grey.
Was my last thoughts as Adam and I walked towards the elevator, heading to our private and separate offices.

-------------------------------------------------------

Lily’s Gentlemen's Club.

DAMIEN'S POV

I had finally given in one day to hangout with Adam and Ray at the Gentlemen’s Club.

I was presently in a game of pool with Adam, feeling pretty good as he made a fool of himself at pool… again.

Thank God Linda wasn’t here, she may just have left him once she saw his abysmal skill at the game.

Then Ray walked in, looking like a live sick puppy.

“Guys... I think I’ve found my Mrs. Right.”

I exchanged a look with an equally exasperated Adam who decided to just ignore Ray.

“I mean, I know I’ve said it a lot guys…. But this time, I am a hundred percent certain. She is the one!”

“Of course, we believe you, just like we did the other girls that passed before this one”
I said snarky, not really in the mood for his whack love life.

He gave me a look as he motioned for a glass of wine.

“At least I put myself out there Grey. Not like some people.”

I ignored it with a roll of my eyes, focusing on my already winning game.

-------------------------------------------------------

LIZA'S POV

November had finally flown in and I was already beginning to think of the Christmas period.

I wondered how Christmas in Seattle was going to be like, as I had no plans for Christmas and New Year’s. If I was going to be heading home to Florida, or staying here in Seattle. Maybe I’d bring it up with Trisha or something.

It was Wednesday night and I relaxed in my sofa, a plate of pepperoni pizza in my front and a bottle of beer as I watched a movie, relaxing and having nothing else to do, when my phone rang beside me.