CHAPTER FOUR

"Any idea why he called us here?"

Liza asked Adam who shrugged, playing with a pen he picked up from Damien's table and twirling it around.

"Who knows what goes on in that complicated mind of his?"

He waved off and Liza giggled.

"You must have known him for years to be able to address him this way."

He gave a smirk.

"Since our University days actually. Well, before he became too much of a genius and graduated on me"

Liza snorted.

--------------------------------------------------

I walked into my office that afternoon around 1pm to see my 2 lawyers were on time.

Miss Greene had a playful smile on her lips and I had to stifle the groan that threatened to burst out. It had only been 3 days, and I couldn't get her out of my freaking mind!

Even my pleasure partners are becoming a problem. In the short 3 days, I've had 4 different partners and while they all looked nothing like her, I kept imagining them with her long black hair or her glittering emerald eyes.

She immediately stood up straight once I walked in, a show of respect while Adam just stood up like the letter C and I had to roll my eyes at the apparent laziness he was used to showing the world as a cover up for how competent he really was.

Looking at this 2 though, I was pretty sure they'd perfected such a thing.

With Miss Greene's cover up being that disarming smile of hers and her glittering eyes, as well as the friendly air she seemed to exude till she drains all your secrets and leaves you regretting it.

"Morning Mr. Grey"

She said with a small smile.

"Hey Grey"

Cue my annoyance at Stone.

"Morning Miss Greene. Mr. Stone. I have a document I want you to check out for any signs of deceit. It was sent just last night and apparently the company will be coming over in 30 minutes for my final verdict, so if you don't mind.."

I said, dropping the documents on the table while sitting and relaxing into my chair.

Immediately, Adam was in his lawyer spirit, taking a couple and sitting down, getting right into it and Miss Greene took it as well, with a small smile but curious and inquisitive face as she sat down.

I embraced the silence as I twirled my comfortable leather chair away from them to stare out the building through my ceiling to floor length glass windows.

"Well, I can definitely say this seems legit enough."

Adam was the first to speak after over 10 minutes of papers flickering and I turned back to them both as Adam looked at me.

"It's quite suspicious they sent the contract to you and want it signed in what? 20 minutes before they're here? The 30% profit is quite a large sum too that they're willing to part for us"

"I beg to disagree"

A chiming voice sounded and I turned to Miss Greene in surprise. I could also feel Adam do the same as well.

"What?"

He asked, confused and I kept out of their lawyer monologue.

"Well, think about it Adam. They just decided it was okay to send this contract so late. They probably thought Mr. Grey's Lawyers were incompetent to not realize what they're trying to do. No offense"