CHAPTER FIVE

“Ah! I can’t believe you still have Momo!”

I said in surprise as a fat but cute ginger cat greeted me by curling his tail and using his head to nudge my leg as I entered Trisha’s apartment that noon.

Her apartment had a cozy feel to it, quite clustered but clean and homely.

As the elevator door opens, it leads you to a hallway with about 7 doors spread in a semi circle and when you enter her apartment, you walk right in and her open kitchen with a miniature island and stools and a small rectangular table and 4 chairs with a tiny vase in the middle is on the left while her weirdly decorated living room is on the right, with a flat screen TV on the wall, a deep blue sea color triple sofa opposite the TV and 2 singles on opposite ends of each other, a potted fake plant by the side of the triple sitter.

Then opposite me, was a double window where you could climb out into the fire escape where she set up her own miniature balcony. Her walls were painted a sunny yellow and the floor a soft wooden color.

Her walls were painted a sunny yellow and the floor a soft wooden color and then there was an open doorway at the end of the left side where the kitchen was which would lead to a narrow horizontal passage way and the first room opposite was some sort of laundry room, the second was a spare bedroom Trisha swears she’d be putting up for rent soon as the stress of bills and all were slowly getting to her brain while she cursed her 'measly' reporter salary. And then, the last one at the end of hallway was hers.

“Well of course I still have Momo! The little guy has been my constant companion over this years Liza, if you can believe that. Although I occasionally leave him to be babysat by this nice old lady in the building who has a bunch of other cats as well.”

Trisha had found him as a kitty in our last year of Uni. Abandoned by a trash box. He looked so much like that cartoon show character Garfield, but Trisha refused to give him that name, settling for something cuter.

“He sure has grown… and nice place you’ve got here!”

“Thanks girl. Not as fancy as that posh place you’ve got but very comfortable. Some of the neighbors are okay too so…That’s a bonus”

I nodded before heading to the fire escape, putting my head out and staring out at the street below.

It was weekend and I had nothing to actually do, so I decided to come check out Trisha’s apartment and know the directions.

“So Trisha, what do you do for fun around here?”

She gave me a smirk as she brought out 2 chilled canned beers from her fridge and handed me one which I opened and took a gulp from.

“Well what else is there to do on a soon to be Saturday night here in Seattle?... We party hard!”
She said excitedly and I laughed. I was pretty curious about partying in Seattle too.

“Well okay then, but I’m not returning home for change of clothes later in the evening, so are my clothes okay?”

Trisha scoffed.

“Bitch, you could go in rags and still have guys crawling after you!”

I snorted.

My outfit wasn’t bad actually. It was a short sleeve flowery dark blue gown that flared from my waist to my mid thighs and I had on a cute black simple 2 inch wedge heels.

Anyways, the night out was still at evening so it didn’t matter.

“So any guy you have an eye out for since you got here?”
Trisha asked me excitedly and I laughed, shaking my head and finishing the beer, walking to the kitchen and throwing the empty can into the bin.