Chapter 1: R.

"Remember that people are only guests in your story – the same way you are only a guest in theirs – so make the chapters worth reading

"Remember that people are only guests in your story – the same way you are only a guest in theirs – so make the chapters worth reading."

Lauren Klarfeld

Replacement

Third POV 

"Yes. Yes, you do...Thank you." Rossi hears walking up to Hotch on the phone.

"How you doing?" He asked, noticing Hotch's discomfort. Hotch looks towards his team with all solemn looks.

"I'm alright. I'm worried about the team, and Strauss thinks that adding a probationary agent is gonna solve our problems." Hotch responds, walking towards the team.

"Seaver knows she's not replacing Prentiss," Rossi adds, following him abruptly stopping behind Hotch.

"I know. And she's got potential, but we need an experienced profiler, and we need one now." Hotch says, making Rossi sigh.

"Have you started looking yet?" He asked, knowing that the person would need to be really good to replace Emily.

"Strauss has, and she should be here in five minutes." He told Rossi looking at his watch and entering the briefing room. The team was talking until Hotch's heavy steps enters.

"Where's Seaver? I made cupcakes to celebrate her graduation!" Penelope questioned, looking around.

"She's not going to be working with us anymore. Strauss hired an experienced agent to help us with these cases." Hotch explained, sitting down. The rest of the team does too.

"When is this new agent coming?" Morgan asked as the others wait for the response.

"Should be in a couple of minutes," Hotch responded, looking at his watch again.

"What's their name? I can try to find them. Just give me a name, and I can track every place she's been in the last year." Penelope exclaimed, taking her tablet out.

"Garcia, I am sure they have already looked into their background," Hotch responded as Garcia put her tablet down hesitantly. "Guys, I know how hard this has been for all of us, but please welcome this person with open arms." Everybody sighs after hearing Hotch's words.

"It feels like we are replacing Emily...It feels wrong." Reid mutters as the rest nod. Garcia sighs loudly.

"This is a family. Emily was family. So if this new agent thinks she can replace Emily, then she's got another thing coming because I can hack into all of her social and financial accounts and frame her for fraud if I wanted to. "Garcia threatens as she looks down, none of them hearing the pair of heels clicking towards the room.

The death of their coworker was hard for everyone. It took a toll on the whole team. Emily was family, and continuing work without her was hard.

"Good thing I am not trying to replace anyone" Everyone turned towards the door. A beautiful young woman with long brown hair was there holding a box.