Chapter 9: S.C

"The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own

"The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own."

--R. H. Sin

Senate Committee

Giuliette looks at herself in the mirror as she puts on her black blazer. Today was the day of the team's case, and she was beyond worried. Giuliette sighs and checks her phone to see Reid's message. She grabs her purse and walks out the door to see Reid holding the passenger side car door open.

"Goodmorning, princess."Spencer greets, hugging her tightly. Both of them nervous about the case. Everything could go wrong, and the worst-case scenario is that they lose their jobs. 

"Buenos dias mi amor." He smiles, hearing her voice. They let each other go, and he then closes the door after she enters.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, putting on his seatbelt and driving out of her parking. 

"A bit nervous about today, but I just wanted to apologize for yesterday. I know I have been a pain with your friend being back. I just know how hard it was for you to move past her death and accept me, and now that she's back, the team doesn't need me anymore." She apologizes, looking at him. He grabs her hand and kisses it softly. 

"Princess, you don't have to apologize. I get it. I do. But now we just have to get this over with. Everything is going to be fine. You're still going to be with us. Hotch will fight for you...I will fight for you." He consoles, smiling at her as the car fills with silence.

Spencer would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. Cause he was. He's gotten used to having Giuliette around. He loves her company, and he loves the friendship they have. He can't not have her around. She stabilizes him inside and outside of the BAU.

"That's the thing, Spence; it's not up to you nor Hotch." She sighed, looking out the window, thinking about how her life could change. Maybe they'll transfer her back to her Sacramento or maybe to somewhere new. 

Spencer didn't know what to do. He ran statistics in his head, and her staying there is a pretty low chance. So he did the only thing he could think of doing. He reached over and held her hand for the entire ride. 

After the parks the car, they both start heading towards the building. After being told where his co-workers are, they both hurry over there.

"Hey, Pretty Boy and Pretty Girl," Morgan greets, giving both a hug. The rest follow suit--everyone except JJ. 

"Where's JJ?" Spencer asks, looking around. Giuliette puts a hand on his arm.

She's the first they want to talk to." Hotch responds, looking up from his phone. 

"Why aren't we in there?" Spencer questions getting a bit anxious. 

"They are just trying to intimidate us," Rossi says, sat down on the bench. 

"Well, that's not about to happen." Derek snaps, getting a bit anxious himself. 

"I'm not okay with this," Penelope says, pacing back at forth. 

"You may not even be a witness Garcie," Giuliette responds, wrapping an arm around the stressed out girl.

"Sir, I'm not worried about me. Don't they have anything better to do that-"

"Baby girl, this is just what they do," Morgan reassures as Strauss comes into view. "Anything?" Rossi asks in hopes of getting some answers. 

"It doesn't look good," Strauss responds, shaking her head. 

"How long is she gonna be in there?" Spencer chimes worried for everyone.

"No idea." Morgan shrugs, looking at his watch. In that second, JJ comes out.

"Hey, how'd it go?" Spencer questions hugging her. JJ responds, and let's go. 

"Derek, you're next," JJ states as everyone turns their head to look at him. 

"Wish me luck." Morgan lightly jokes and walks into the room with false confidence. 

"Do you guys want coffee?" Giuliette asks, looking at everyone. JJ, Hotch, and Garcia request dark roast coffee. "Got it." She says, taking note of their drinks, she heads off to the cafeteria. Spencer follows suit. 

"Honestly, I hope Giuliette stays because if she leaves, Spencer will be devastated." Garcia sighs, looking at where the geniuses walked. 

On the other hand, both of them are at the cafeteria getting drinks.

"You know you're going to get diabetes if you put that much sugar in your coffee, "Giuliette warns, watching him pour a crazy amount of sugar into the cup.

"There are more things for me to worry about than that."He noted. Giuliette grabs his arm lightly, making him look at her.

"You look more anxious than me." She lightly teases as he just stares.

"If they ask, I was the one who suggests Doyle be let out." He asserts as she looks at him as if he's going insane.

"But it wasn't. It was mine." She adds, confused. Why would he want to take credit for that?

"The less of a risk you are, the more likely you'll be able to stay." He explains, looking a bit more hopeful.

"Look amor; I'm not going to lie to save my own back. Especially if you're going to be blamed and punished for it." She snaps, grabbing the drinks, and walking back to the team. 

She gives the drinks out, noticing that Morgan is back and that Rossi was missing. After a while of just sitting, Rossi comes back, and Garcia enters. Spencer sits down next to her. Not much later, Strauss sits down, offering them mints. They both declined.

The clicking of heels gets their attention and sees Emily arriving. Strauss notices the look on Spencer's face.

"At least you've got her back." Strauss breaks the silence as only Giuliette looks at her. 

"Did we?" Spencer huffs out and walks away. Strauss moves a bit closer to the other genius."You know she's not all that bad." Strauss chimes as Giuliette rolls her eyes a bit. "I'm serious. They love her like family. I'm sure if something happens to you or someone you know, they would also have your back." Strauss adds and walks away. After a while, Garcia walks out, looking a bit shaken up.

"Hey, you okay?" Giuliette goes up to her and rubs her arm. 

"U-um yeah. I just don't like being questioned. They want to see you. Good luck." She mutters and walks away quickly. 

"I'll go get her," Morgan says, following her. Giuliette takes a deep breath and walks into the room. 

"Good morning Agent Carter." The man said as she nods her head, returning the greetings. "It says here you have been with this branch for a few months. You're fairly new."He states as she nods.

"Almost eight months, sir." She responds, anxiously shaking her left leg. She has that habit when she's nervous. And currently, she's nervous. 

"You were the replacement for Agent Prentis?" He asks as she nods. "So, you know that your presence may not be needed if Agent Prentis were to return?" He questions, and she nods. 

"What was your roll in this case? Based on what Agent Morgan and Garcia said, you didn't know of the plan until they briefed you. How did you not know what your teammates were doing?" He pressed, making her eyes shoot up.

"In my defense, we are all adults and have our own work to worry about. I did not know of the situation because, as you said, I am fairly new. I only knew that I came to this team to replace Agent Prentiss. I did not know how she died or anything Doyle related." She snaps back 

"But you knew that the Doyle case was not your team's authority. You took the word of Agent Morgan and not your chief." He adds on, making her roll her eyes. 

"In these past few months, I learned that everyone has each other's backs. They welcomed me with open arms, and the least I can do is back them up. I knew we did not have the chief's authority to go, but we did end up saving a young boy's life." She expressed, getting annoyed by the second. 

"But, your team risked many lives by taking Doyle out of the cell." He asserts 

"That was on me, Sir. I ran the probabilities of that boy's survival and knew that there was not another choice. Don't blame the team for what I did."