Chapter 3: Gym room Misunderstandings

A N A Ï S

The next day I woke up by Judy knocking on my door extremely loud multiple times.

"Ana! Are you up? Are you dead? Why didn't you come down for breakfast today?" Judy says from the other side of the closed bedroom door.

I groan and rub my eyes before I turn to pick up my phone. I look at the time on my phone and my heart skips a beat. It was currently 10am. On a Thursday. I. Am. Still. In. Bed...Fuck.

"Shit Shit Shit Shit," I grumble before I throw my covers off my body. The cool air from the AC greets my body and wraps around me, causing me to get goosebumps.

"I'm up! I slept in!" I yell so Judy knows I was up. I hear her laugh before her footsteps fade away down the hallway.

I walk to my attached bathroom and wash my face and brush my teeth. I stare at the mirror questioning myself.

Should I really go to school today? I mean...I already have missed two classes today. But again, I want to graduate and I've missed school multiple times before and I need to graduate with 90% attendance. Ugh, whatever, I'll go.

I changed into some simple sweats and a simple white top. I run down the stairs and bid Judy goodbye before slamming the front door shut.

Why didn't Cohen bother waking me up? And why the hell didn't my alarm ring?

I got into my car and turned on the engine. I peel off my driveway and speed to school. I was now going to be late for gym.

Isn't it just my luck that I have gym right now. Great.

I run into the school and down the hallway to the locker room to change into my clothes. I changed into some shorts and a lose top before I speed walked to the gym room. I pushed open the door and I saw a few people including the coach gathered near, talking. Some of the seniors were here too, they were doing weight training.

I reach where my class was and stood in the back so the teacher wouldn't notice that I came in right now.

"Miss Valencia" the teacher calls out my name, peoples heads snap to where I was and I felt a blush creep up my face.

"You're late. And you know how I don't like when my students are late to my class. I need to talk to you after class" He states, I could see his cold gaze on my face.

He's definitely mad at me.

I nod my head at him and he turns back to giving instructions. We all then start our 4 laps around the gym for warm-up.

Ugh.

***

Gym was finally over, everyone was leaving the gym room including the football team. All of them were shirtless might I add. Most of them were pretty hot.

"Anaïs. You should already know that I don't like when my students are late for my class, and usually when they are late I give them a detention." He crosses his arms over his chest.

" I'm truly very sorry for coming in late. I'm not going to lie and come up with an excuse. I slept in. Can you please not give me a detention? I'll do anything" I practically beg. Detentions are boring.

"Alright, since you're being honest with me I'll let it slide, but don't do it again. Understood? But you do have to take the cones to the equipment room." He states before walking out of the gym room.

That's better than a detention, I guess.

I pick up all the cones and stack them up before I head to the equipment room to put them in. I walk out of the room and I went to pick up my gym bag and my water bottle, the gym was completely empty by now . I turn around and I was met chest to face with none other than Dante the dickhead.