Chapter 5: Diner Boy

A N A Ï S

It was currently Sunday and I was coming back from Evelyn's, during the weekend I ended sleeping over at Evelyn's because honestly couldn't stand Moms constant bickering about every single thing I did. It gets annoying, and it's pretty exhausting.

I walked into the house and I saw my dad sitting on the sofa in his pajamas typing away on his laptop. His eyebrows were scrunched in concentration. He looks up when he hears the front door close and he smiles at me when he sees me, he gestures for me to come to him.

I walk up to him and took a seat beside him.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Nothings wrong, I was wondering if you wanted to go out today?" he ask me, a smile resting on his lips.

"Yes of course, I would love that. What time do you want to go?" I smile at him.

"How about 3? I just need to finish writing up this email and then we can leave, how does that sound?" He says and gestures to his laptop. I nod at him and got off the sofa and went up to my room. It was currently 1:30 so I had enough time.

I layed down on my bed scrolling through my phone till I received a text.

Dante the dick: Yo, let's not go to school tomorrow.

Anaïs: huh? why? it'll look wrong.

Dante the dick: Well then, if people start doing shady things in school don't blame me, I warned you.

Anaïs: Dante, what the fuck are you taking about? wdym by shady stuff?

Dante the dick: For fucks same Ana, i'll explain everything tomorrow.

Anaïs: first of, you have no right to call me Ana and i'm still going to school just so you know.

Dante the dick: No.

Anaïs: No? i'm going to school Dante, Cohen already doesn't like us hanging around each other and if he knows we aren't in school he'll get more mad, plus it looks suspicious if we both don't come to school.

Dante the dick: Alright alright, you do you. I'm not coming though.

I shake my head in confusion and walk into my bathroom to take a shower. Dante's a whole weirdo.

***

Dad and I were currently heading to a diner that recently opened up and apparently it's really good. This kind of reminded me of a few years back, Mom and I would always end up in an argument and dad would always take me out to get my mind off it. He never really liked it when Mom argued with Cohen and I, mostly me though because she never really argued with Cohen. So he's lucky I guess.

"So I've noticed that Cohen isn't talking to you at all, what's wrong? I never knew that this fight you guys had would be this bad." Dad looks at me expectantly.

Should I tell him? It's kind of weird..

"It's okay, he's just being immature about it" I shake my head