Chair.

"A week has passed since the new student transferred, but it looks like she's fitting in well." I thought to myself.

Mark: yo wanna get lunch?
Y/n: not hungry. I'll just stay in class.
Mark: geez come on let's go hang for a bit pwease 🥺
Y/n: ugh finee
Mark: YAYYYY!

"Let's go" i said before leaving. It's been a while since I've been to the school cafeteria and well... it looks the same. Same greasy floors, dirty walls, food that looks like it was either drenched in oil or cooked with dirt, basically probably the last place you'd wanna eat lunch at.

Y/n: I don't understand why you'd even eat the food here.
Mark: what do you mean? The food is great dude.. well the bread is.
Y/n: that's only cuz they don't make the bread.
Mark: true

The both of us laughed for a while and for the first time it felt like I was actually back in school. We talked for a bit until it was our turn to order and while Mark was ordering his food I caught a glimpse of Wonyoung. She was hanging out with a few guys but it looked almost as if she was, uncomfortable? I brushed it off and soon after Mark called me to head back to class.

We reached our class and there was no sign of Wonyoung. I started getting a little worried since she usually comes back to class early and I thought about those guys earlier with her. I told Mark that I needed to pee so I could get out the class when in reality I just wanted to find her.

"Where could she be?" I asked myself. I was walking around aimlessly trying to look for her when I heard muffled sounds behind the building next to the cafeteria. I rushed to the back and I found the three guys pinning Wonyoung to the wall while one of them had his hand over her mouth so she wouldn't scream. The next few seconds were filled with rage and disgust as I jumped in and kicked the first guy who had his hand over her mouth. He fell to the ground while the other three there watching was in shock.

Wonyoung: Joshua?!
Thug 2: what the- you little shit

The second guy swung his fist at me but I dodged it but before I realized the third guy punched me in the stomach and I fell to the ground. They were about to kick me when I rolled over and got back up quickly. I punched the first guy in the stomach hard while the other guy brought something out from his pocket, it was a knife. The first and second guy were still rolling on the ground in pain while the third guy pinned me to the wall with the knife over my neck. He slowly pressed it against my neck leaving a drizzle of blood flowing down. "Acting like a hero huh?" He asked. "Well looks like good guys always finish last" "ahh, I guess this is how I die huh?" I thought it myself. But before he could do anything else, a chair leg flew and hit him right at the back of his head. He fell and groaned in pain while I was in shock at what just happened. I looked over and I saw Wonyoung still holding on to the chair leg.

"Come on! Let's get out of here before the teachers come!" She said. I couldn't move after what just happened so she took my hand and ran with me following behind her. "Where'd you even find a chair leg?!" I asked while we were still running. "I broke it off a broken chair" she nonchalantly said. I had a look of surprise on my face and she probably noticed because she said this. "Hey I'm strong too you know" she said while pouting. We reached the outside of our classroom to catch our breaths before going back in and that's when I realized our hands were still intertwined. "O-oh, I-I'm sorry" I said as I let go of her hand. She noticed and she quickly looked away but before she looked away I could see a hint of pink on her face. I brushed it off as we just ran all the way back to our class anyways. "U-um, T-thanks.. for saving me" she said while still looking away to hide her blushed face. "You're welcome" I replied. Anyone could tell that there was an intense aura of awkwardness right now between us. "DUDE, WHAT HAPPENED?!" Mark came out the class after seeing the two of us with me looking like I just got abused.
"I got into a little fight, no biggie." I said with a smile. He saw the scar on my neck still bleeding and eventually Wonyoung noticed it too. "Let's get you to the nurses office then" Wonyoung said. "Yea sure" I replied. Mark was gonna stay in class since class was gonna start soon but I swear I could've seen a smug smile on his face before leaving the two of us alone. "You're gonna have to tell me everything later Kay?" Mark said. "Sure" I replied.

On the way to the nurses office it was really awkward between the two of us until I decided to break the silence.

Y/n: are you okay? They didn't do anything weird to you right?
Wonyoung: I'm fine. I'm strong you know! (She said while flexing her arm)

I laughed at her cute action while I looked at her and her smile was just... perfect.

Wonyoung: hey, thanks again for helping me. If it weren't for you, I don't know what would've happened.
Y/n: hmmm? Oh don't mention it, I can't just leave you alone after all. From now on I'll be there to protect you.

Wonyoung suddenly blushed and I realized what I just said and my eyes widened. "T-thank you" she said. The rest of the trip to the nurses office was quiet.

"What are you doing to me" they both thought.