iv. bloody marys

"Dad, guess what?" Isabelle grinned, holding the phone to her ear with her shoulder while packing up the belongings in her old office

"Dad, guess what?" Isabelle grinned, holding the phone to her ear with her shoulder while packing up the belongings in her old office. It was her first day as an official profiler for the BAU, and she was extremely nervous but excited nonetheless.

She heard him yawn on the other end of the line, it was early morning in Washington state and he probably just woke up for work. She could practically see him now, sitting in his lazy boy watching the morning news. She could hear the thunder over the phone, oh how she missed the rainy days in Seattle, "I haven't had my coffee yet, Bells, I don't think I can come up with a guess if I tried," That was all the explanation she needed to know.

"You're talking to the newest addition to the Behavioral Analysis Unit!" She said in hushed excitement, not wanting to disrupt the people working around her. A few people sent her annoyed glances, which caused her to shrink back a bit with an apologetic look on her face.

"No shit?" She could hear the pride in his tone, "My daughter, a profiler. You can finally put that psych Ph.D. to use!" he chuckled.

She could hear him pouring himself a cup of coffee as she grabbed her box of things and headed for the elevator, "Yeah, it was completely out of the blue," She explained to her father what had happened earlier in the week as she headed into the BAU bullpen, her new workspace, "And, even with the risk, I think it's a great opportunity for me."

"Of course it is, I am so proud of you Bells, really," The sentiment brought a smile to her face. Her father, even though she wasn't biologically his, never missed an opportunity to tell Izzy how proud of her he was.

Izzy glanced up, seeing Hotch walking her way, she quickly told her dad that she had to go- not forgetting to tell him that she loved him, "Sorry," She smiled towards her dark-haired superior, "I was telling my dad the good news."

Hotch gave a curt nod, "Chief Wayne with the Seattle PD, right?" He asked, and she nodded, "I used to work in the Seattle division, why aren't you there- not that we don't want you here."

Izzy smiled in understanding as he led her through the bullpen, "Dad suggested against it. Someone might think that I used him to get my foot in the door, instead of actually earning my spot."

Hotch nodded, knowing that was a case with some people. He stopped in front of an empty desk, "This will be your desk, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask," He said before leaving her to sort out her things.

She noticed the state of disarray the desk facing her was in. Papers splayed everywhere in seemingly organized chaos, the computer looked like it was only touched when it needed to be- judging by the light peppering of dust on the keyboard.

She started organizing her things upon her new desk, wiggling her Frankenstein's monster bobblehead with a small smile before setting it next to a similar one of Dracula, "Hey, Vampira," Derek walked towards her with a smile before sitting in his own desk, "Looks like you got stuck with pretty boy."