vi. isabelle wayne's day off

"Stay with me okay," Izzy looked at the limp body beneath her, applying pressure to the wounds as she'd seen in films

"Stay with me okay," Izzy looked at the limp body beneath her, applying pressure to the wounds as she'd seen in films. The woman's pulse was weak, but there was still hope for her. Izzy felt her hands shake, her nerves rising with every second.

"Somebody help!" She yelled, hoping that maybe someone would hear. Maybe someone would call the police for her, "Please, god, somebody!" She felt her tears hit her hands as the woman stared up at her. The woman slowly raised her bloody hand to cup Izzy's cheek, her eyes glazing over as death was drawing near. She could feel its weighing presence, the pressure in the room increasing tenfold- her ears almost popped as the light left the woman's eyes, "You gotta stay with me, now. Please!"

She looked around the room, to see if there was anything she could use as a last resort to help this poor woman. Other than objects that you would usually see in a family's living room, there was nothing. Izzy noticed a record spinning on the turntable in the corner of the room, it briefly caught her off guard- as she hadn't heard any music at all. Focusing her hearing, she could faintly hear the tune playing from the speakers, the sound was oddly distant as if the speakers didn't want her to hear the quiet melody. The flashing of lights brought her back to reality as she pressed harder on the woman's wounds, "It'll be okay, we'll be okay," she assured the corpse, not wanting to accept the truth.

"Isabelle," She heard her name being called from behind the door, she furrowed her brow, the police already knew her name? "Izzy," her name was called again, louder this time- it almost felt as if the room shook around her due to its volume, "Izzy!"

The blonde's eyes shot open, JJ's concerned face looking back at her, nearly inches from her own, "Are you okay?" The liaison asked, her blue eyes filled with worry.

"I'm fine," Izzy answered almost instinctively, sitting up to rub the sleep from her eyes when she noticed they were spilling tears, "Oh," She looked around the jet, noticing that the whole team was watching her, puzzled and concerned faces mixed amongst them, "I'm sorry," She apologized, not knowing exactly what for- but she could guess.

"You were screaming," JJ told her and Izzy nodded in understanding. So that's why her throat felt dry. JJ spoke again, this time quieter, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Izzy shook her head quickly, "No," she told JJ abruptly, "Thank you, though. I'm going to get a glass of water," She told the woman before standing and making her way toward the front of the jet.

Closing the curtain that separated the sink area from the cabin, Izzy let out a deep sigh, propping her elbows on the counter and putting her forehead in her hands over the sink. She felt like she was going to vomit from the rush of emotions clouding her mind. A hand on her back startled her, almost making her hit her head on the cabinet above. Emily rubbed small circles into Izzy's back, not having to ask what was wrong, letting the woman break into tears. Izzy could hear Spencer beginning to go on a tangent in the cabin, his words intentionally loud enough to mask the sound of Izzy's sniffling.