11. Sam Emerson

You stand behind the counter of the comic book store, next to your brothers  Edgar and Alan

You stand behind the counter of the comic book store, next to your brothers Edgar and Alan. They suspiciously watch as a boy walks in, looking through the comics, skimming through the pages.
"He seems... unusual." Alan speaks up.
"What, because he dresses differently than us?" You say, defending the kid. "Come on, he looks harmless. Plus, I think he is new in town."
"Yeah? And that's the exact reason. He doesn't know what happens around here."
"Give this to him." Edgar responds, handing you a comic book, "Vampires Everywhere!"
"Fine" You say, sliding off the top of the counter, making your way to the boy. He looks up at you slowly, quickly turning back to the comic once you get closer.
"Hi" you say once you are next to him, giving a slight smile. "I'm Y/N."
"Sam."
"You new around here?"
"Yeah, me, my brother, and my mom moved here from Phoenix, Arizona. We're living with my grandpa."
"Ah, cool. Here have this," You say, reaching out the comic for him to take.
"Sorry, I don't like horror comics."
"You'll like this one," you start, assuring him, "It could save your life. Think more of it as a survival guide in case of an emergency. There's a phone number in it too, just in case if you need to call it. One of my brothers will be sure to answer." You finish, pointing to your brothers in the back watching you.
"Do your brothers have a problem with me?"
"Don't pay attention to them. They're supposably scoping your civilian wardrobe. I think it looks cool though." You say smiling, waving bye to the boy "I guess I should be heading back now, it was nice talking to you, Sam."
"Cya Y/N, and thank you!" Sam says, lightly blushing, looking down at the comic you gave him and eventually walks out, locking eye contact with you before finally leaving.