22. River Phoenix

River was sitting outside his house by himself, feeling upset until he looked up, studying your appearance as you walked up to him

"Hey river, you okay?" You asked softly, looking at him for an expression.
"Hey Y/N, yeah I'm okay. Just thinking."
You began to walk up more to him, sitting beside him on the porch. "Anything you wanna talk about?"
"It's nothing much, you don't have to worry." He says assuring you, his face lighting up. "What are you doing here?"
"Just coming outside to take a walk, I came over to say hi."
"Well, hi." He says, laughing. "Say, can I walk with you?"
"Sure! That would be fun," You speak up, "Follow me."
You two began to walk down the street, the warm sun hitting your back. None of you spoke until after a minute River wanted to say something.
"Hey y/n..."
"Yeah riv?"
"What do I mean to you?"
The question surprised you, taking it in you took a minute to answer. "What do you mean to me?"
"Yeah."
"River you're my best friend."
"Yeah, yeah I know you're my friend. We're good friends. It's good to be friends."
"What are you saying river?"
"Never mind. We- we're friends. It's just, what if we became more than friends?"
You stopped in your place looking up at River.
"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything." He speaks up, beginning to walk away.
"Wait!" You say, making him stop. "Are you saying you like me?"
"Yes. I like you a lot. I can't stop thinking about you, anytime I see you it just makes my day better, I never wanna stop being around you!" He spits out, hesitating.
You smile cheerfully, "I like you too."