12. Duckie Dale

You and Duckie had just broken up, your mind filled with confusion

You and Duckie had just broken up, your mind filled with confusion. You didn't know if you loved him, or liked him as a friend.
"I'm sorry Duckie, I-"
"It's okay, Y/N. Don't worry about it."
"I just need to collect my thoughts for a bit. I don't know what I'm doing, or what I'm feeling. I feel like when we're together friend or not, I'm happy. It's just, what if something happens? worse than this situation, I would lose someone important in my life that I care about and has been in it since we were kids."
"When you love someone you know that with every heartbeat, they sink deeper into your heart. You can't get them out of your mind. You also know you love them when the thought of losing them brings you to tears. There's so much to describe about love, but why bother? I've already found mine right in front of me. You're perfect and I love you. When you have little flaws, I still love you. You can't predict the future, you just have to live your life day by day to know what you want in the moment."
You smile, wiping a tear from your cheek and slowly walking up to Duckie.
"I'm so sorry for this."
Duckie lifts your chin up directly looking into your eyes.
"There's nothing to be sorry for, it happens. It's something new for you and I totally get it. I just want you to know, I'll wait for you. As long as it takes."
You let out a small sigh, growing a smile again, looking up at him. "I don't think I have to Duckie... I've realized I let my mind get the best of me, but this time I'm listening to my heart," you say pausing, moving a little closer. "I love you too Duckie."
"Will you take me back then?"
"Of course I will. I'm deeply sorry again for all of this, if I hadn't been so caught up being worried none of this would've happened."
"Maybe it was a good thing? As long as I still have you in my life, everything's okay."