Chapter 19: Explaining And Battling

When I'll tell you the HP left for the foe's Pokemon, as I don't have the true value, I'll give you percentage or fractions

Now, to the chapter

y/n: Thank you. Now. For goodness sake, hear me. You're good. Okay?

Silver: Easy to say after you wiped the floor with my team...

"I didn't. I mean... Ahhh... Here, look"

You show him you Pokedex

Silver: What is it?

"It's called a Pokedex. It can register the info the Pokemon you capture, but more importantly, it give all sorts of info about your Pokemon"

"So that why you kept looking at it and not the fight!"

"Did I?"

"Always! I thought you were moking me and typing on your Pokegear!"

"Even for me, that's a lot of disrespect. Anyway, look, that bar and number are my Pokemon's "HP", it means "Health Points" and quantify the overall state of my Pokemon extremely accurately. If it hits 0, it means my Pokemon will faint"

"That's very convenient, but what's your point?"

"Look at my team HPs. Two of them are at a fourth of their life, two lost almost half of it, and one lost a quarter. It means you dealt good damages on them"

"Great! I've done "good damage on them"! That's not reassuring at all!"

"Okay, listen. I've seen you make a lot of mistakes during this fight. I mean, your Pokemon were at mine's level"

"Level?"

That's gonna be harder than I thought...

y/n: It's another feature of the Pokedex. It quantify one's Pokemon's strength by giving it a number between 1 and 100. My best Pokemon in term of level is Feuer, my Quilava, being Lv34. Your best one is your Feraligatr and Sneasel who are both Lv32. Just so you know Lance's Dragonite was Lv40 when you encountered him, and the best Pokemon I know of is Lv88. The best level of the League is approximately 50. Oh, and none of my Pokemon are below Lv32

Silver: So my Pokemon weren't trained enough...

"Not exactly. You see, they, are good, you can definitely beat Pryce with your actual team. But probably not Clair, and absolutely not the League"

"So, why are you ahead of me?"

"Because I train them"

"You know I do this all day"

"How?"

"I make them use their moves as a training as well as improving their responses to my orders, that kind of things"

"Well, sorry to say it, but the best way to make a Pokemon stronger is to make it battle another one. I would even as far as saying that your methods isn't leading you anywhere. I mean, you've seen very old Pokemons right? But they are still weak because they never battle and only act as pets. Your Pokemons are strong because you battle a lot, but mine are stronger because I ONLY do that"

"I see... That's very interesting... But, doesn't that mean I just need to make them beat a lot of small fries to become stronger?"

"No. The amount of experience they received depend on the level of the Pokemon beated. Defeating one of Lance's dragon would bring you a lot more experience than defeating a 100 weak Rattata. The stronger the enemy they beat, the stronger they'll become as a result"