Chapter 27: The League

"You said I had to battle all trainers I saw, but how do you do it? I mean... Don't your Pokemon get tired?"

"Well, no"

It's true they don't

"... That's weird..."

"Maybe there's some right in what Lance told you. Treat them better, and they'll be better"

"Hm..."

"Anyway. Your Feraligatr is Lv40, which is good, but all my Pokemon are at that level"

"Because you battle everyone?"

"And because I passed 3 hours in the Mt. Mortar battling wild Pokemon to make them all take 2-3 levels. But yeah, mostly"

"What are my Pokemon levels?"

"Oh, wait... Your Sneasel is the weakest being Lv36, Kadabra, Haunter and Magneton are Lv37 and Golbat is Lv38. By the way, this Magneton. He has what? Three weaknesses and 12 resistances? Man, I was happy I had Fuchur to use a Water-type move and not being weak, because else it could have been hard"

"I have to say I was pretty proud of it, but I absolutely didn't thought about your Dragonair having Aqua Tail..."

"Yeah. Oh, and, man! I'm not proud of you there"

"What?"

"Items!!! Come on Silver! Full Heal, Max Potions! Hyper Potions! Revives! Something!"

"Hey! That sort of things cost a lot!"

"But you battle every trainer, they give you money and you can then buy things! I don't even know what to do with my money!"

"Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess but we don't all have that damn Amulet Coin!"

You screech your neck

y/n: Well, luck's a quality in itself ya know? Hehe. Aaaaaaaaaaanyway... Please, do battle more. But before this, treat your Pokemon better. Walk with them, they'll be happy. Eat at the same time as them and all. Pet them when you feel like it. I don't know. Something"

"I'll try my best..."

"Do or do not. There is no try"

He put his hand forward and clench his fist

"Right! I WILL succeed! I have too!"

"That's the spirit! Oh, and an advice: If you go to the League, you can't win. I'll have to use all my items and brain abilities to take it on, so if you do, don't use a lot of items, and just use it to make your Pokemon exp"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you go to the first Elite, battle him, beat as much of his Pokemon as possible and make your Pokemon grow while fighting very strong Pokemon. Like, the first is specialized in Psy-type Pokemon, so use Sneasel or Feraligatr to wreak his team and make them grow stronger by doing this. After that, try your best with the next one, and so on. That's one way to do it. Battle. Lose. Battle. Lose. Battle. Lose. Repeat until you win. It's a hard path, you may feel cheated or bad, but that's the way. There's not that much penalty for losing"

"That sound... weird..."

"So what? A victory in the rules is a victory. Oh! But before you start. Battle wild Pokemon here. They are at good level. So make them all pass at least Lv40 and--"

"I can't tell their level"

"Oh... True... Hum... Well, let's exchange numbers and you'll call me tomorrow and we'll see each other at the League. You'll probably sleep there too anyway"