Chapter 20: Team Rocket Blasts Off Again

5 minutes later

Ariana: I see... So we interrupted your journey through and through... Well, I shouldn't say this, but: I'm sorry

y/n: You're apologizing?

"Well, better be on your good side seeing how strong you are"

"An investment? I see"

"It's not only that. After years of being on the bad side, I know how to recognize people that act for their own interests. You are one of them. With a little more time, you may end up with us"

"What make you so confident?"

"If I've learn one thing in all those years, it's that intelligent people end up either with us, or as Champion"

"Hmm... I see... I'll take the compliment. But, I don't plan on being either of them"

"How so?"

"The title of Champion means nothing. I aim higher"

"Interesting. I would like to offer you our help and support, but one, you don't seem to need nor want it and two, you just destroyed our organization"

"I just beated everything, I didn't kill anyone, arrested anyone, or anything. A quick passage to the Poke Center and it's done"

Ariana: If only it was this easy... Since 3 years ago, we made such damage that they forbidden any Team Rocket member to use Poke Centers and Poke Mart. Well, I'm kind of proud of it, but now we're forced to buy Potions and Revives on the black market, which is over-priced. Or to wait for their recovery"

"And some annoying cunt crippled your pokedollar income at the Slowpokewell"

She raise an eyebrow and smile

"Exactly"

"Hm... Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it"

"Oh don't worry about that. We blocked the Gym. We were in your way, it's only fair you fight us"

"You're surprisingly okay about this"

"As a criminal, it would be hypocritical of me to be resentful. I mean. We were in your way, you fought us. You were in our way, we fought you. You won. But don't think it means we accept our loss, okay? Archer is still here"

"Sure. Well... You know what? Let's make a trade"

"A trade? I'm interested"

"I'll tell you something about Giovanni, and you'll answer one of my questions"

"I think I know Giovanni more than you"

"Yes, but you don't know his whereabouts"

...

"Tell me everything. Now"

"Yes yes. Well, you see, it's a bit hard to say to you, but... Giovanni won't return"

"And how would you know?"

"Because I have a friend named Gold. He's the "hero" type. He was chosen by Celebi, the legendary Pokemon. It is, as we speak, teleporting Gold to Giovanni's location. Gold has already beaten him, and made him go in insolation again, like three years ago..."

She looks really, really shocked

Ariana: W-What? A legendary Pokemon, melding with humans business?

"It seems, as you guys don't exactly threat Pokemon very well in general, it involved itself"

"That's... And you said your friend beated him? Our boss?"

"Yes. But he wasn't at it's best. To be completely honest, he had less Pokemon and weaker ones that in his last battle... Which is weird, but I think it's due to the fact he was in isolation. Anyway, my friend beated him and... that had the same effect on him that 3 years ago since Gold is as young as me..."