Chapter 23

Clara got to the stables and saw Roma there. "Hey mom," she said going up to her. "Hey Clara, did you finally get to okay to train?" Roma asked her. Clara shook her head, "I actually just came for weapon inventory. Did you do the chores here?" "Yeah, just finished." "Thanks." "How are you doing? We haven't talked in a while." "I'm alright. It feels good to be home and not betraying all my loved ones. How are you?" "I could be better but I think that's just normal for me now. Life if defiantly better in the Court than it was living with your father." Clara nodded, "I can even agree with that. Even with him dead, I can't seem to fully escape him." Roma frowned, "I wish I had been able to stop him from coming back at all. When I was sacrificed, I didn't see it coming. The attack came from behind me and I didn't have any time to realize what was going on until it was too late." "It's fine mom. Who knows how different our lives would be if father never came back and even though the rough things, I am happy with my family and friends. Butterfly effect I guess." Roma nodded in agreement, "I sometimes wonder how different you would be if you didn't have to put up walls because of Claude, not to mention, I wouldn't have raised you to be a villain." Clara thought about it for a second before giving a small laugh, "Shane probably wouldn't mind it if I wasn't like I am. I would be easier to handle I would assume." Roma shrugged, "I guess we'll never know. I should head back to the Court. See you around?" "Of course." Roma waved goodbye to Clara and left. 

   After Roma was gone, Clara went to the indoor arena where all her weapons were. She suddenly felt like someone was watching her. Grabbing her dagger, Clara turned around, looking around. She didn't see anyone but that didn't mean anything. 

   "You know, when people say you look almost identical to your mother, they aren't lying," a familiar voice said. Clara looked over to where she heard the voice to see Henry coming out from hiding. Clara tightened her grip on her dagger and glared, "What do you want Henry?!" "Do you really have to ask?" "Not really." "Then I guess, the real question here is, are we doing this the hard or the easy way?" Clara rolled her eyes, "Get off my property." "Hard way it is. Do you really think you can beat me with just a dagger? I've got a sword and a hook," Henry responded grabbing his sword with his good hand. "Too bad for you that I no longer have to hold back," Clara simply responded. "I'll still win." "In your dreams." With that, Henry attacked.

   Clara easily blocked each of Henry's attacks. She had to keep an eye out for both the sword and the hook but she had fought Henry enough to know how he fought and how to keep away from his weapons. Clara dodged and attack and was able to slice a cut in his hook arm, causing him to go into a small bit of shock, giving her an opening to kick him away. "Surrender now Henry!" Clara growled. "You got lucky!" Henry responded swinging at her with his sword, which she dodged again. The fight continued, Clara had yet to get a scratch. Predicting Henry would go defensive, Clara went for an offensive move but Henry was fast and was able to stab her side, pretty deeply. Clara cursed out in pain as Henry removed his sword from her side, causing the blood to come out faster. "I win, you read to give him?" Henry taunted. Clara's mind flickered to her HA coin in her pocket but against her better judgment, she kept attacking Henry, causing her wound to just get worse. Finally, at one point, Clara was able to pin Henry down to the ground. "I won't say it again, get off my property!" "Fine, you win this round. But I'll get you eventually." "Keep dreaming." "Oh, I will. If I can't have you right now, then I guess that Allara girl will do," Henry teased. Clara tensed, "Leave her alone!" "I know where she is right now. I bet I could have some fun." Henry shoved Clara off her and before she could do anything, he left. 

   Clara cursed and she limped over to get inside the stables. She collapsed against the wall and looked down at her wound on her side. It was deeper than she thought, and continuing fighting Henry after being stabbed like that probably wasn't the best idea, but what else was she going to do? Give Henry the satisfaction of knowing she had to call for backup from the HA's? Grabbing her phone, she debated who to call. On one hand, she had less than five minutes before she bled out and with Markus in Agrabah with Jana, to help explain her pregnancy to her family, the smart thing to do would be to call Shane. But Henry did say he knew where Allara was right now and if he went after her and she wasn't with Sully, bad things could happen to her. Well, if Clara died, Shane or Markus would figure it sooner or later if Adri didn't first. Clara dialed Allara's number.