Korin's secrets? The power of the Sea's harmony!

Delphi, Takumi, Shio, and Hikaru all sat around the table in Shio's dining room. Shio and Hikaru sat there with sad and sullen expressions while Takumi and Delphi watched with concern.

"We failed...I can't believe we failed..." Shio muttered.

"We're supposed to be strong enough to defeat the sirens so we can protect the world...but we're not. We're not strong at all..." Hikaru muttered and pulled her knees to her chest, burying her face in them.

"Girls..." Takumi said sympathetically.

"You can't beat yourselves up about this-fi," Delphi said," that siren was far stronger than any of the others you have dealt with-fi. You went in prepared to defeat someone with the strength of the others-fi. You didn't know that she was going to be so strong so it's not your fault-fi."

"But still...we couldn't even touch her at all. Not even a scratch..." Hikaru sniffled.

"I think you guys did what you could. You didn't give up and fought until you just couldn't anymore," Takumi said.

"They're right Hikaru...we can't beat ourselves up over this forever," Shio noted," we weren't prepared for how strong she was. We had no idea she'd be so strong. We did the best we could..."

"You're right I guess..." Hikaru muttered.

"How's Kona taking this whole thing?" Takumi asked.

"Not well. She hasn't come out of her room since yesterday," Shio sighed.

"Why? It's just one defeat."

"It's not that simple Kaito-san. That girl was Kona's best friend. Kona and her have been friends for their entire lives and Kona talks about her a bunch and how much she misses and loves her. As far as Hikaru and I are aware, they're essentially as close as sisters," Shio explained," that's why Kona is so crushed by this. It's not just that we were defeated."

"Oh I...I had no idea..."

"It's okay. But we need to find a way to talk to her. It's not healthy for her to shut herself away like this."

"What should we do?"

"I'll go try and talk to her again," Shio said and stood up.

Shio walked upstairs and up to Kona's room. She knocked on the door gently.

"Kona...can I talk to you? Please?" Shio asked.

"G-go away..." Kona sniffled quietly.

"Kona please..shutting yourself away like this isn't healthy for you. It's only going to make things worse in the long run..."

"I don't care. Just please leave me a-alone..."

"Kona..."

"Go away!"

Shio retracted her hand from the door and frowned. She sighed and then walked back downstairs to meet the others.

"How'd it go?" Hikaru asked.

"Not well. She doesn't want to talk at all," Shio explained.

"Man...I feel really bad for her..." Takumi said," having your best friend become someone you're fighting against...I can only imagine how she feels."

"Let's give her a little bit more time to cope-fi," Delphi suggested.

"You're right," Shio said and walked into the kitchen," I'll start making dinner. You want some Takumi?"

"Oh sure. Thank you Yumiko-san."

The four of them sat there and discussed different things about the previous day. Shio set plates on the table after a while of making dinner and turned to Takumi.