003

SEASON NINE SPOILERS!

LEXIE LOOKED AT HERSELF IN HER body length mirror and smiled, she straightened her dress out and walked into her living room where her two best friends were sat on the couch.

"Who's the date with again?" August asked keeping his attention on the tv.

Lexie grabbed a pillow and hit him across the head "If i have to tell you one more time i will literally decapitate you"

"But what's his name" Oakley asked.

Lexie sighed as she sat on the sofa next to them "Spencer Reid"

"Sounds professional" August spoke turning his attention to his best friend.

"If you think that sounds professional, try Dr Spencer Reid" Lexie said with a slightly smile as she picked her phone up which buzzed against the arm of the couch.

She stood up grabbing her bag and stuffing her phone in there "Okay he's outside, lock up when you leave"

"You got it" Oakley and August said in unison putting their thumbs up in her direction.

Lexie smiled and shut the door as she left leaving the apartment complex to see Spencer stood leaning against the bumper of his car staring in her direction.

He smiled when he saw her, she looked gorgeous. She was wearing a silky red dress which stopped just above her knees, she carried a little black bag on her shoulder. Her hair was curled and styled so it say perfectly on her shoulder, Spencer looked her up and down and chuckled when he saw her wearing white converse.

"Style is immaculate" Spencer said with a laugh as he referred some to her shoes

"You don't want me whining on the way back because my feet hurt do you?" Lexie asked and Spencer shook his head "Exactly"

"You look amazing by the way" Spencer said as he kept eye contact.

"Thank you, you look really good too" Lexie said, Spencer was wearing a black suit with a dark purple shirt and a black tie, he had a vest on top on his shirt. His normal work attire but Lexie didn't know that.

Spencer walked around to the passenger side door and opened it and ushered for Lexie to get in. She smiled at him and walked over to the door getting in the car as he closed the door behind her and rushed to the drivers side.

They buckled up and Spencer started the car as the quiet music started playing in the background.

"So let's get the 'new friends' talk out of the way, tell me about yourself" Lexie said.

"Good or Bad?" Spencer said keeping his eyes on the road.

"Ugh why can't people have perfect lives" Lexie groaned throwing her head back slightly making spencer laugh. "Bad i guess"

Spencer facial expressions softened as he thought of what to tell her first, he wasn't gonna tel her his whole messed up life story today.

Lexie noticed his expression change, it was definitely the profiler in her that noticed it, she frowned slightly and listened as he began talking.

"Well uh, i grew up in Las Vegas. 12 years old in a public high school, you can guess how much i was bullied. My father left me with my schizophrenic mom when i was ten, when i turned 18 i put her into a hospital to help her get better. She's still there obviously and i'm pretty sure she's getting worse" Spencer explained.

"Spencer-"

"A few years ago i was taken and hold hostage by tobias hankel, he was a man with multiple personality that we were trying to arrest, one of his personality's was his father, who was a serial killer which we later put together. I was addicted to dilaud for about a year. I think that's as far as we'll go tonight" Spencer said.

"There's more?" Lexie said with a frown. Spencer nodded and shifted in his seat slightly.

"Your turn" He said giving her a quick glance.

"God, okay. I was abducted when i was ten, that's why my father doesn't really smile at work anymore, after he took my case he did nothing but take work seriously all the time. Obviously his team found me somehow, i was twelve when they found me so saying i had a good childhood is hard to do, but when i finally adjusted to being back home and got back into school i was fine. I have a ten year old and she kinda hates me so it isn't the greatest"

"Wait you have a child?" Spencer asked.

"Well she's my best friends daughter, she got pregnant when she was fifteen and a few years ago she passed away and even though i wasn't actually family, i was the closest family she had and she said the i and my other two best friends had to have custody, she didn't want anyone else to take care of her daughter"  Lexie said thinking back to the note her best friend left her before she found next to her best friends dead body six years ago.

"She lives with me mostly but she also stays with August and Oakley, my two best friends sometimes, she loves them more than me so she prefers to stay there"

"It may be easier for her to be around men more especially if they were friends of her mothers too, she could feel close with them but you could just remind her of her mother" Spencer said as he pulled into Rossi's drive

"I just wish i was a better mother to her" Lexie frowned and Spencer reached over to squeeze her hand.

"I bet you're a great mother and i'm pretty sure Henry's here so get ready to be playing mom and dad with him for the night" Spencer joked.

"Oh i'm ready" Lexie smiled and the two climbed out of the car walking up to Rossi's front door.