010

LEXIE SAT WITH HER HEAD IN HERhands after putting Aurora to bed and cleaning the house quietly

hands after putting Aurora to bed and cleaning the house quietly. She was trying to distract herself but there was only so much she could do at eleven pm.

There was a knock on the door and she mumbled a quick 'come in' keeping her head in her hands and her eyes closed so she didn't cry.

"Woah, what's wrong Lex?" Spencer said as he rushed to sit next to her.

"You just got back i don't wanna put my feelings onto you right now. Come on let's sleep" Lexie said getting up and pulling Spencer up along with her.

Spencer spun her around so she was facing him and used his pointer finger to lift her chin so she was looking at him.

"What's wrong" Spencer said more stern than the first time.

"I lost a patient today" Lexie sighed "And trust me i've lost patients before and it sucks everytime but he was twelve Spence, that's not right"

"It isn't right, the worlds a messed up place. But are jobs are to stop stuff like that happening, you know you did all you could today" Spencer reassured wiping the tears that had fell from Lexie's eyes.

"Can we just sleep?" Lexie asked with a frown and Spencer nodded.

She dragged him to her room and he grabbed his bag and pulled out his pj's. He changed in the bathroom while Lexie changed in the bathroom, he checked she was dressed before walking out of her bathroom and into her room ,where she was already under the covers staring at the ceiling.

"Lex throw me a pillow" Spencer said holding his arms out.

Lexie propped herself on elbows looking at him and furrowing her eyebrows "You aren't sleeping on the couch, come on"

Spencer hesitated for a second but the complied and claimed under the covers, he had just gotten home for a case that lasted almost a week and he just wanted to sleep in a bed that wasn't a hotel bed.

Lexie rolled over and placed an arm around Spencer's stomach and placed her head on his chest. He was shocked for a second but wrapped his arms around her and kissed her head before falling into a deep sleep.

When Spencer woke up the light was shining through the windows and Lexie had disappeared from the bed. He rubbed his eyes adjusting to the light and climbed out of the bed slowly, pulling the covers so they were neat on the bed and then walking out to the kitchen where Aurora sat in her pyjamas.

"Morning" The little girl smiled from the kitchen as she saw Spencer walk into the living room.

"Morning Rory, where's your mom?" Spencer asked the girl as he yawned.

"She's in my room. It's Wednesday i have school" She said while taking a sip of her orange juice and continuing to color in her book.

Spencer nodded and cleared his throat "Right"

"I was just cleaning her room a little before she makes a bigger mess picking out clothes" Lexie said from behind Spencer making him jump a little "Which you have to go do love, go on"

Aurora jumped down from the chair and ran past the two in the living room and into her room to chose some clothes for the school day.

"I'm on call today but i should get off for lunch at around one ish if you wanna get lunch" Lexie said walking into the kitchen to clear up Aurora's mess.

Spencer noticed she was already in her scrubs and he furrowed his eyebrows "What time is it?"

"Seven, but don't worry my dad called and said you have a few days off. You're more than welcome to stay here while i'm gone" Lexie smiled.

"Might have to take you up on that offer" Spencer mumbled "Thank you for not making me sleep on the couch last night"

"Don't thank me. We've known each other for almost half a year, it shouldn't be weird between us" Lexie smiled as she placed a hand on his chest and moved around him.

"Can Spencer take me to school?" Aurora asked as she walked out of her room.

"Ask him not me babe" Lexie called out.

"Spencer can you take me to school?" She said as she looked up at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Of course, let me change and brush my teeth" Spencer smiled as he walked into Lexie's room where he could see her brushing her teeth in the bathroom. "I can take you too, i'll pick you up for lunch and when you finish, i can pick Rory up too"

Lexie finished brushing her teeth and washed her face quickly before kissing Spencer's cheek and saying a quick "Thank you, sounds like a plan" to him and walking out her room closing the door.

Spencer smiled to himself as he placed a hand where she had just kissed, he felt like a teenage boy with a silly crush again but he was really falling for this girl fast.