009

LEXIE PULLED HER CELL OUT OF HER scrubs and smiled when she saw Spencer's name

scrubs and smiled when she saw Spencer's name. It had been a few weeks since they found Aurora and Lexie was finally cleared to work.

The two hadn't really seen each other since then, they could meet up for coffee now and again but with Lexie's busy schedule and Spencer's endless cases they hadn't spent more than 3 hours together for at least three months.

"What do you wanna name your kids?" Spencer's groggy voice said in the other line.

"Woah, are you pregnant?" Lexie asked jokingly.

"Lexie that's not even possible" Spencer said as he yawned.

"Spencer"

"Right it was a joke okay. But seriously" Spencer said.

"I've always had the idea of having twins, a boy and a girl and i want to call them Phoebe and Phoenix. What about you?" Lexie said as she signed a few patient release forms.

"Luna, it's an Italian, Spanish, Romanian, Bulgarian and Russian name with a Latin origin, it means moon. I also never thought about boy names really but Phoenix is a really good one" Spencer explained.

"That's so beautiful" Lexie said.

"Wait it sounds so loud. Are you working?" Spencer said after hearing the mass amount of voices in the background.

"I'm not on call obviously but yeah i'm working right now. Aren't you supposed to be working" Lexie said as she smiled and handed off the release forms to a nurse.

"Time zones, it's currently two am" Spencer said as he paused to look at his watch.

"Spence, go to sleep" Lexie said in a quiet voice as she walked into the changing rooms.

"I wanted to hear your voice, i haven't spoke to you properly in so long" Spencer said which made heat rise to Lexie's cheeks and butterflies appear in her stomach.

"As much as i'm flattered, i need you to go to sleep, catch that killer and i have about three days off so hopefully you'll be back by then and we can spend some time together okay?" Lexie said as she began to slowly take her bag out of her locker.

"You promise?" Spencer said in another yawn.

"I promise" Lexie said as she shut her locker "Now sweet dreams"

"Goodnight Lex" Spencer said and ending the call falling asleep moments after putting his phone down happy that he got to hear Lexie's voice, even if it was for four minutes and fifty four seconds. He still got to hear her voice.

"You'll be good without me right? We look a bit swamped" Lexie said to one of her colleagues, Meredith as she walked out into the lobby with her back on her shoulder.

"No, i know how excited you are to have Rory back. Stop trying to put it off, we'll be fine" Meredith said as she pushed Lexie to the elevator and pushed the first floor button for her.

"What would i do without you Meredith Grey?" Lexie gushed as she backed into the elevator.

"Fall apart" Meredith called as the elevator doors closed making Lexie laugh.

Lexie made her way out of the hospital and into her car, when she got into her car she threw her bag in the back and made her way to Oakley and August's apartment.

When she got there she got out the car and waited by it for her Aurora to come out and greet her ready to move back to her place.

"Mom!" Aurora called running to Lexie.

"Hi baby" Lexie said hugging her tight and kissing her head "How are you?"

"I'm good, did you just come back from work?" The ten year old asked.

"I did. I have three days off so you can have Monday off and we'll do something for these three days sound good?" Lexie asked as she put Aurora's stuff in the trunk of the car.

"Sounds really good" Aurora smiled and put her seatbelt on as Lexie climbed into the car.

"I'm glad, what do you wanna do first?" Lexie said as she turned to ten girl who had a huge smile on her face