Chapter 6; Panic

~ this is just a tad short, but it's a little more since I was gone for a long time. again, sorry for that, guys ~

*Ellie's POV*

I was jostled awake by a disgruntled-looking Jenna.

"Wake up, dude; we're at the venue and we need to practice," she murmured. I let out a groan and sat up slowly.

I decided to change my clothes and make myself a little presentable.

I changed into my black, distressed jeans and a Bring Me The Horizon black jumper. I rolled up my sleeves, knowing it would get hot on stage, and layered both wrists with bracelets.

I go into the tiny bathroom to finalize my look. I go over yesterday's smudged eyeliner and mascara. I run a brush through my straight, black hair and comb my fringe to the side with my fingers.

I go back to my bunk to retrieve my black, leather combat boots and lace them up.

"Ell?" I hear a voice coming from the door of the bus and I jump.

I turn to see Andy looking in, dressed in jeans similar to mine and a Misfits tank top.

"God, damn it, Dee, you scared me!" I cry out, clutching a hand to my chest. I noticed, however, that it wouldn't stop racing in his presence, which made me slightly blush. Andy just laughed and came over and sat next to me, which only made my heart beat a little faster.

"You were taking awhile, the girls told me to come get you. What's the holdup, man?" he asked, leaning in to me, making me fall over.

I roll my eyes and shove him back, and muttered, "I was just getting changed. But...oh, never mind."

I stand, but Andy pulls me back down. I land back down next to him with a huff.

"But what?" he asks. His hand remained wrapped around my wrist, sending little electric shocks throughout my arm.

"I just-I guess I'm...I'm nervous?" I whisper, a blush reddening my cheeks. "Our first official concert starts in however many hours and I'm really scared, I guess. Like, what if the only reason anybody ever comes is for you guys, and they hate us?"

My breathing quickened, and I could feel a panic attack looming. I pressed my hands to my the sides of my face, trying to take deep breaths, but to no avail.

"Oh, no, not again," I heard Andy mutter. He had seen this happen to me before and knew the signs of my attacks. I felt him wrap his wiry arms around me and pull me into him. My head instantly fell onto his shoulder, just like our old routine. "Ell, I know you'll do perfect. You've got just as many fans as us. If the people that are at the concerts don't know of you beforehand, they'll definitely remember you afterwards. I looked up your guys' videos on YouTube on the way over, and you guys are amazing! I should have known you would be the frontman. You've had a beautiful voice since we were four." He tightened his grip around me. I smiled at his words and let them chase away my bad thoughts. He was always so good at making me feel better.

He pressed his lips against my forehead, his metal lip ring cold against my skin. I let out a deep breath, smiling warmly. Andy took my face in his hands and just looked at me.

"You ok?" he asks, quietly.

I nod slowly and murmured, "You've always been able to make me feel better, Dee." He smiles and stands, holding out his hand.

"You ready to go kick ass?" he asks, making me laugh. I let out a dramatic sigh and take his hand, standing next to him.

"If I must," I groan sarcastically. He smiles, making my heart flutter a little.

He leads me out of the bus, his hand still gripping mine tight.