Chapter 7; Concert

~ THANKS FOR ALL THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, GUYS, I LOVE YOU ALL. THERE'S ALSO CURRENTLY 182 READS LOL ~

*Ellie's POV*

I walk onto the stage and take my guitar that was being handed to me by a helper. The girls sent me questioning looks, but I ignored them and took the mic from the stand.

"Ok, guys, let's start from the beginning of the set list, yeah?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was twenty minutes before we had to go on. The stagehands were setting up our instruments and the background that displayed our band.

Taylor was sitting on the floor, scrolling through our mentions on Twitter. Lynn was rubbing her hands together in the corner. Jenna was doing some weird dance thing to calm her nerves. And I was pacing back and forth, feeling as if the nervousness was squeezing my lungs together.

Andy walks into view and sees me pacing. He sighs and sends me a smile as he walks over.

"How you feeling?" he asks. I give him a look, a 'do you really want me to answer that?' look, and begin to chew my bottom lip. "You'll do great, I know you will. The guys and I heard you all rehearsing, and you're amazing. Ell, you'll do just fine."

Memories of the two of us jamming to our favorite bands newest albums came streaming back, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Ellie!" Lynn calls from the edge of the stage. "I'm going on first. Then, Taylor and Jenna goes on. And then, you, ok?" I nod and take a deep breath.

Lynn is handed her drum sticks. I watch her take a deep breath, spin them in her hands, then rush out to take her spot. We hear her strike the drums twice, and the crowd screaming.

Jenna wraps her bass strap around her and checks the strings. She grabs a pick and runs on stage. More screaming ensues.

Taylor does the same with her own guitar and heads out, followed by even more screaming.

Andy hands me my guitar. I hang it around my shoulders from the batman-styled strap. I grab a black pick and face Andy one last time.

"Wish me luck?" I mutter, breathing heavily.

Andy reaches forward and kisses my forehead, the chill of the lip ring calming me, somehow.

"I know you'll do amazing, Ell. I believe in you."

I nodded slowly. I turned, seeing Jenna and Taylor smiling at me for encouragement.

"Here goes nothing," I murmur.

I run out into the lights and am nearly deafened by the noise. I squint out on the crowd.

I didn't see anybody booing or flipping us off. They seemed beyond pumped to hear us. I smiled wide as the crowd died down a little.

"Well, hello there! How are we doing?" I cry out, which only brought on more cheering. It seemed like there was never a total break from the noise. "Ok, well, in case you have no clue who we are, we're Royal Roses, and this is our very first tour ever! So, thank you all for being our very first official concert!" The girls cheer with the crowd as I announce our gratitude.

"Alright, well, to start us off, I'll introduce everybody. Over here on the guitar is Taylor Jennings!" Taylor belts out a couple chords. "And right here is Jenna McCarthy on the bass!" Jenna begins to play the bass line of Seven Nation Army by White Stripes, causing more cheers throughout the people. "Here behind us is the lovely drummer, Lynn Williams!" Lynn beats on her drumset, driving everybody insane. "And I'm Ellie Robin, the lead singer of this dumb band. So, let's get his night started right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Again, thank you guys, so much. You were all amazing. BVB will be out soon. Good night!" I cry into the mic. The screaming of the crowd dies out as we run off stage.

"HOLY SHIT," Lynn shouts, tossing her sticks to a stagehand. Taylor and Jenna laugh, but I was still numb.

"Guys, I do believe our first concert was a success," I announce, which made them cheer.

I hear the rumble of fans screaming as Black Veil Brides take their places on stage.

"So, how did you guys like our opening act?" I heard Andy ask. The cheering got louder, somehow, which made us all grin. "Eh, I think they're pretty lame," he shrugs.

"Oh, fuck off, Dee!" I shout at him. Luckily, he hears me and laughs.

"Nah, I'm glad we're touring with them. Anyways, if you want to take a break at all during the rest of the evening, I think they'll be over at the merch table signing stuff, so, get over there when you can!"

"Ugh, I completely forgot about that," Jenna sighs. A stagehand rushes over and hands us silver Sharpies and directs us to the table.

I sit in the middle and talk with the fans for the rest of the night.