Part 7

(Nandini)

I closed the book with a thud. My eyes as wide as a saucer, my lips pressed together for I never imagined this. Gulping hard I opened the book again and saw the word 'LUNA QUEEN' staring right at me.

How?

Queen?

Why?

Was I betrothed to someone?? Even if I was....... but to a king of werewolf species?

Werewolf, So that's what they are called! and by the look of it ,my mother knew who they were ,which in turn means that witches were aware of a species named werewolf. Does that mean that werewolves are also aware of the existence of witches?

we have to find out about that!

what else does this journal contain ????

2 hours later......

NOTHING!

Other than this one page mention of werewolf there is no substantial information on them. All I can read here is about me. Come to think of it ,in this gigantic book of I don't know 300 pages!  ,only half of it is  filled with  my information. That is kind of strange! As far as I remember, Ma told me, I did have a big family but there is no mention of them in any of the pages.

All of the pages are  literally  filled with I quote  "One day my daughter will become capable enough to achieve her destiny."
whatever the hell that is!

Don't get me wrong ,the last I saw my mother was when I was 7 years old. I don't remember much of it .
Now who do I ask? There  isn't  much information on werewolf's in this books. What other options do I have? 

1) library

2) ask Ma

3) witch coven

4) observe

Library, I can't go because I don't know where the library  is and even if I get to know where it is , I can't simply go there and ask for a book on werewolfs inside their territory. That would be stupid. Asking Ma is out of the question ,she would just  freak out .Asking witch coven is like entering a lion's den. The only thing left for now is behave like a human and observe them like a hawk.

 The only thing left for now is behave like a human and observe them like a hawk

Got ready for my office today

Got ready for my office today .Big day ahead!

Tasks to be done today:-

1) Observe

2) Refrain from casting spells

3) Act innocent

4) Make friends.

5) Eat healthy

Let's do it!

I started my walk towards my office .People started sniffing again. Say, don't other humans find these weird? Are they blind? They are walking as if nothing is out of ordinary here.

weird.

Hah! If I had a dollar for  every time I said the word weird.....I would be a millionaire.

There they are !

My favorite guards!

One standing on the left side of the door and the other standing on the right side of the door,   high on steroids with same emotionless face, nose sticking outwards sniffing  to their hearts content.

"Good morning", I say.

They sniffed , they scowled, they turned their faces away.

WHAT A GOOD MORNING INDEED.

Entered the office.

Sat on my chair.

Opened the file.

oh god! I so wish I was a good witch , I could have done this work with a snap of my finger.

uggh

"Hey! are you the new employee?"

There stood this saree clad women  with a wide ass smile on her face.

"Hi, yes just joined yesterday."

Is she human? Looks like one. What does that even mean Nandini? Everybody looks like a human here.

"Cool, don't mind okay! people here are a bit weird. They are not quite welcoming."

"I noticed."

Why on the earth is she wearing a saree in the office ?

"Did you get the email?"

"What email?"

"The email that the general secretory sent."

"I haven't checked yet."

"Well, we all have to assemble in the auditorium ."

Now what in the nonsense is this?

For what?

"No, clue."

"Sooooooo......."

"I came here to invite you to come along with me to the audi, only if you want ,okaay?"

"sure ,why not? Lets go?"

"Yep."

I put my file away , took my phone and we headed to the auditorium.

"don't you find this place weird?"

"weird? How so?"

"People keep sniffing. Is there some kind of disease here or do I smell horrendous. Don't tell me you all can smell  the onion curry I ate this morning!

"Its the way of the people here. When I started working here I too felt it  was weird but then I got used to it."

Can these werewolfs  by any chance smell that I haven't showered today???????

"If you say so" I shrugged.

We entered the auditorium ,people were still coming in.

God! I hate this auditoriums. Its boring as hell. There will be some stupid speeches. All I want to do is curl in my bed with a cup of chai and my romance novel.

and then I heard the auditorium went silent.

I heard the sound of boots.

THUD

THUD 

THUD 

THUD

Everyone stood up.

.

.

.

.

.

oh shit!

.

.

.

.

.

.

and there stood my betrothed.