➳ two - the meeting

《 hell is empty and all the devils are here 》

hell is empty and all the devils are here

Arabella felt awkward as she got ready for the undeniably stressful day that awaited her, alone in Finn's home as the Shelby boy had left early to meet his brothers. Not that it really mattered to her as she would be seeing him soon. She simply prepared herself, both mentally and physically, for the day not wanting to make a bad impression on her best friend's family. The Shelby family were known for being prestigious and presentable.

So she had dressed to the occasion, in a full red suit and heels, pulling her hip-length brunette locks into a tight ponytail on the top of her head. Then she had waited, anxiously sat inside the living room as she waited for Michael to pick her up.

The girl couldn't help the smile that appeared as Hades and Lennox jumped up at her, both whining and nudging at her, desperate for her affectionate strokes and pats.

"Awe!" She cooed happily as she cupped Hades' cheeks and peppered kisses on his face. Lennox simply laid himself over her crossed legs and relaxed. Arabella became so caught up in the affection that she missed the sound of Michael beeping, and jumped as he barged into the house.

"Come on already!" He huffed as he stared at her angrily, "We're going to be late, and I'm never late."

"First for everything?" Arabella innocently lifted her shoulders with a sheepish grin as he rolled his eyes at her exaggerated guilt.

"Whatever, lets just go." He grumbled as he turned to leave the house.

The brunette glanced down at her lap, feeling immense sadness as two pairs of puppy eyes hopefully gazed back at her. Her head snapped back up and she hesitantly dragged out, "Um, Michael..."

"What now, Arabella?"

She bit her lip as he sharply span to face her again. Her head inclined to the two dogs that had lounged over her and he groaned as she made a pleading face at him, her bottom lip jutting out slightly and eyes widening.

He threw his head back in annoyance and let out a frustrated growl, "Urgh, fine, whatever. Bring them with you if you have to - just get a fucking move on!"

Arabella squealed happily as she stood up and began to follow Michael out of the house, whistling and calling for the two boys to follow her, to which they happily obliged. Hades trotted at her heels loyally while Lennox rushed ahead to move alongside Michael, the boy being unable to hide his small grin at the dog.

This was boring and, if Arabella was being quite frank, honestly humiliating. She had been shunned almost immediately from the room where her so-called fiancé had entered, instead she was guided to a waiting room almost directly across from it. That was where she was currently sat and had been for the past few hours as the meeting commenced without her presence.