➳ seven - the vmas

《 a true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other 》

a true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other

That night hadn't ended the best for either party as Michael and Arabella had actively avoided each other - something that was not a difficult task in the large house. It wasn't that the house was overwhelmingly massive, by any means, but definitely designed for more than just the two of them.

Michael had holed himself up in his office and drowned himself in work in an attempt to forget his guilt. Arabella, however, had remained in her room, writing songs and jotting down ideas for music videos while curled up with Hades and Lennox. She had only left for food and to re-fil her drink, making a plate for Michael and putting it outside the door of his office for the next time he left for whatever reason. She never saw or heard him leave the office, but when she had left her room the next time, the plate was no longer outside the door and nor was it in the kitchen when she checked.

They hadn't spoke this morning either as they were preparing to leave for Tommy and Grace's house where they would be meeting the rest of the family to prepare for the VMAs. The Shelby family had been automatically invited alongside Arabella after the engagement had been announced.

"There she is!" Esme clapped excitedly as the pair entered the house.

Arabella had no time to relax or greet the boys as Grace launched herself at her and she was dragged upstairs by the two Shelby women to meet Lizzie, whom had began getting out items for preparation. She rubbed her lips together in an attempt to hide the grin that desperately wanted to appear at the sight of all of her new-found friends smirking deviously at her.

The brunette shook her head with a giggle, biting lightly on her tongue, "Alright, girls, lets fuck this up!"

Loud cheers echoed throughout the room and it wasn't long before each girl resembled something out of a movie. All of them dressed in silk robes and a glass of champagne in hand, Grace having stolen it from Tommy's stash of 'special occasion alcohol' as she had dubbed it.

"What? The man has too many bottles to notice the loss of one." Grace had shrugged as she popped it open, "And if he does notice, then, tough on him."

The girls had quickly gotten onto gossiping, Arabella explicitly retelling the argument that had occurred after they had left, deepening her voice to mock Michael's for a comical approach as Grace worked on her makeup. Lizzie stood behind Esme, tying her hair in a formal braided updo, while spitting insults about men and their animal-like ways.

"So, what, you aren't talking then?" Esme raised a brow at the girl although she couldn't see it, eyes closed as Grace applied eyeliner on her.

Arabella shrugged, her eyes flicking open after Grace had pulled away and confirmed being finished with her. "I guess...we haven't really been around each other since, never mind speaking. I'm just kinda like -" She cut herself off by blowing out a load of air and batting her hands to one side, "Scooch-a-mooch, man."