➳ four - the shopping trip

《 just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she began to fly 》

just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she began to fly

Michael was annoyed. A new level of annoyance that even his cousins hadn't managed to bring out of him. Arabella had come over at early hours of the morning while still in her pyjamas from staying with Finn, woken him up to let her in before making herself at home and collapsing on his couch to go back to sleep. When he had tried to demand answers on why she was here he just received small mumbles from the barely conscious female. He had been able to make out the phrase 'keeping up appearances' before hearing a small snore. He hadn't been able to sleep much after that, completely taken aback by the brazen appearance from his 'fiancé'.

As if the morning hadn't been bad enough, now she was making him wait around as well! He had woken her up, a mistake on his behalf he had learned, and had then left her with the instructions to get ready as they needed to get some things for the room she would be staying in. She may be staying in his home, but there was no way she would be sharing his bed.

Arabella had been inside the ensuite bathroom connected to Michael's room for over an hour now, having bathed before drying her hair. She had hastily tied it in a loose low ponytail to keep it out of the way before beginning on her everyday neutral makeup, the position Michael had found her in currently.

"You have got to be kidding me." Michael growled out in frustration as he observed the sight in front of him.

Arabella had perched on his counter, her body curled up and feet in one of his two sinks, leaning forwards to see clearly while applying the product to her face. She sent him a cheeky grin as he openly gaped at her.

"What's up, M?"

Her cheery voice broke him out of his astounded gaze and he shook his head. "What's up? What's up!" His voice rose as he began to rant at her, "What's fucking up! I'll tell you what's up. We're meant to be on the road right now, but you're taking forever to do something simple. Just get dressed and then we can go, who gives a fuck about all this shit we're only going shopping!"

Arabella simply blinked at him, unamused by his outburst over something so simple. She shook her head and turned back to applying her mascara, "Well, I'm sorry Michael. Would you rather I go out looking like I'm doing the walk of shame? Because I'm sure that would have the picture perfect appearance for your beloved company image."

"I'm not joking, Arabella, hurry up. Now. I'm going in 15 minutes and I swear to fucking god I will leave you here and pick everything out myself." Michael sent her a warning look as he hissed at her, spinning on his heel and exiting the room.

The brunette scoffed lightly at his threat, "Sure you will, M. That'll have an even better look for your company, right?"

Her voice raised as she shouted after him, receiving no response and instead shrugging carelessly. She returned to applying the finishing touches to her face before slowly and cautiously slipping down from the counter. She had to get dressed. There were better things to do than fret over the mood-switches of Michael Gray that could give a woman whiplash.