Chapter 1

[ ] = Achilles "speaking".

Achilles POV

An alarm blared through the apartment and my eyes slowly open as my owner/best friend quickly tumbles out of her bed and slammed down on the clock to turn off the alarm. She then got up and began to get ready as I began to get myself up and took a look around trying to get where I was. I heard the sound of the water running as I continued to stare around the room. Finally I caught my eyes resting on an old photo of my adopted family.  It has been a couple of months since my owner had left her original school and her family. She hasn't taken leaving her family and everyone she knew very well, and I would know. Well, I just have to make sure that she can handle living by herself.

Miho: Come here Achilles.

I turned my head towards Miho and walked over to her

I turned my head towards Miho and walked over to her. She knelt down and put a leash on my collar.

Miho: Remember, be on your best behavior.

I smiled and nodded. She smiled back and scratched the back of my head. I love head scratches.

Miho: Great, lets go.

We made our way to the door and I heard the sound of keys jingling. She locked the door and we made our way down the stairs and into the street. As we walk to Miho's new school a smell hit my nose and I began to drool. Mmmm, the smell of freshly baked bread. We began to walk past a building and I could tell Miho could smell the bread too as we got closer.

Miho: Mmmmm, that smells so good! Don't you think Achilles?

I wagged my tail with excitement and she giggled. We then passed a building that looks like a convenience store of some sorts.

Miho: We don't have those around my hou-

I heard a metallic clink and a sharp tug on my collar. I quickly turned around ready for a fight but all I saw was Miho, behind a metallic poll rubbing her head.

Miho: Sorry about that Achilles, I scared you didn't I?

Me: [Yes, please pay attention.]

She then looks at the sign on the pole and smiled.

Miho: That's strangely cute, right Achilles?

Before I could answer a group of girls in the same clothes as Miho walked past us talking about lunch. Then one of them notices me and begins to walk a bit faster. I felt sad from that and I think Miho notices this.

Miho: Don't worry, it might not be normal or an ex-Military dog to be here.

I noticed that she is trying to stay away from her new comra- I mean classmates. This isn't like her but I decided to play along for now.

Me: [Yeah, I guess.]

We then got in site to the school and we went inside the building. I saw a lot of people that I hope are nice. We made our way to our class and we are greeted by the teacher.