Chapter 6

[ ] Achilles "speaking"

Achilles POV

I slowly opened my eyes to a very white room and I blinked a couple of times to gage if I'm alive. It was soon confirmed that I was alive however I didn't mind.

Me: [Charlie said that all dogs go to heaven, so I'm sure I'm fine.]

I began to twitch my tail and soon I heard a shout and a women in a hospital uniform rushed into the room. She looked familiar.....

Women 1: Oh Gott sei Dank, der Hund ist in Ordnung. (Oh thank god, the dog is ok...)

Wait, German?

Then three men in Marine uniform came in. When I saw them, I couldn't believe it.

Me: [Martinez, Buck, Chris? What are you doing in Japan? Is this even Japan?]

Chris: Hey there buddy.

Martinez: I guess he's ok?

Buck: Yes I believe so, is he ok miss?

Women 1: Yes. It seems that the wound was light and he is stable.

Buck: And......Charlie?

My eyes widened. The nurse began to fiddle her fingers and gave them a consolidating look.

Women 1: I'm......afraid he didn't make it.

The silence in the air was heart wrenching and I soon remembered where I was. Then a flash of light engulfed my vision and I woke up with a start. I slowly got up and looked around.

Me: [Am I in....Japan?]

Then the sound of a door opening got my attention and Shino walked into the room with a very releveled smile on.

Shino: Hello Achilles.

I slowly got up however I felt something was wrong. I looked down and sure enough I noticed my back legs where bandaged up.

Shino: They said they can save your legs however they had to temporarily paralysis your back legs.

Me: [ How long?]

Shino shook her head and slowly pushed me back down onto the hospital bed.

Shino: You need to rest.

I don't think so.

I slowly got up and I began to feel my front legs coming back. Shino looked at me in both surprise and happiness. Soon I got my front off the bed and soon a nurse came into the room.

Nurse: You need to rest.

Shino: I tried to tell him but it seems he is just fine.

The nurse tried to get me back onto the medical bed however I wasn't going to be bedridden. The nurse finally gave up and left the room. She then came back with a wheelchair of some sorts and hoisted me up into the chair.