i. another round tonight

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟' 𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕟 ( 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣 ) 𝕓𝕪 𝕡𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕣, 𝕡𝕒𝕦𝕝, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕪

RUSHING UP to see the movie theatre coming into view from the courthouse square, Marty continued to try and get Amanda to catch up as she slightly faltered behind over the first mile. "Amanda!"

"Marty!" She mocked and turned up her pace to see the trail of fire that had been left behind from their first from 1955 to 1985. The sight of Doc slowly cheering in delight in regards to the success of the trip was audible from them now barreling towards him. Seeing him for themselves as they turned the corner behind the courthouse, his back was left facing the other side to not notice them coming after him.

Doc walked back over to his car to have Marty turn him over to face him and Amanda. "Doc! Doc!" Marty yelled at him to gain his attention.

"What?" He responded back casually. Upon realizing it was the teenagers he'd just sent off to 1985 in front of him, he screamed in surprise to nearly fall to the ground in shock.

"Okay, relax Doc. It's us! Marty and Amanda!" She reassured him behind Marty.

He shook his head, continuing to back away from them despite Marty's tight grip on his coat. "No, it can't be! I just sent the two of you back to the future!"

"Yeah. No, I know, you did send us back to the future," Amanda confirmed as Doc looked back towards the fire trail left behind by the Delorean as confirmation of the event having taken place tonight.

"But we're back. We're back from the future," Marty explained.

Doc stood up again, looking the opposite direction from where the Delorean was once driving down. Anticipating some sort of reaction to come to this news no doubt, the stunned expression on his face didn't surprise either of them in the least. "Great Scott!" He collapsed to the floor in shock to have Marty and Amanda reach down to attempt to wake him up.

Exchanging a glance to each other, she sighed deeply in frustration. "Fantastic," The two of them said simultaneously.

Marty slowly began to carry him to hang the Doc off his shoulder as Amanda did the same on the other side, trying to get the keys from inside his coat. "I'll drive," The pair said simultaneously again to have him laugh over the occurrence.

"That's gonna get old, blue," She teased him as they attempted to get Doc into the car to drive back up to his home on Riverside Drive.

"What do you mean? We're so—" Amanda watched him pause mid-sentence and begin turn red over what he was about to say so naturally. Tilting her head interested, Marty brushed off the reaction. "Well we're so, y'know, in synch? We know each other so well we can finish each other's—"

"Sentences. Yeah, right." She tossed him the keys to head into the passenger side. "The hopeless romantic can drive."

◂ ❚ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ❚ ▸

FROM THE LONG ADVENTURE the two had simply trying to ensure their 1985 was restored, the teenagers were drained for the night. Having set aside the letter and their things to dry by the fireplace in the Brown Estate left them to fall asleep in the living room along with the still unconscious Doc. Feeling Marty shift as she lay beside him, Amanda awoke to see she had fallen asleep in the space left for her on the chair.