vii. the local saloon

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕘𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕪 𝕓𝕪 𝕓𝕣𝕦𝕔𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕓𝕦𝕣𝕟

WALKING ALONG the train tracks that Seamus dropped them off by, the duo finally arrived to see the station just coming up ahead to have her sigh in relief. "I did offer to carry you some of the way," Marty told her with a smile.

"Little too late to take it up," Amanda explained, opting to hold his hand to walk into town as Marty whistled over the look of the settlement. Turning to her left to see the Bath House set aside from where we were walking past left her to turn away again to the opposite side where a horse corral stood. People began looking to them walking seemingly confused over their appearances and amount of affection they displayed that was opposite to that of the era.

Not being used to this amount of attention, Amanda slightly nudged him in regards to this. Seeing that it was more than likely due to his outfit dawning out the atoms in a mismatched color pattern had her laughing. "It's because you're the style icon of the 1800s."

"Ha, funny," He returned back to her. Stopping to see the construction of what was meant to be the courthouse they knew almost too well at this point, both looked on surprised over the only beginnings of its constructions into the town itself. Suddenly a carriage began to ride past them to have Amanda pull Marty away to avoid stepping in the manure pile just behind them.

Turning back to hear the music playing in the building from behind, he nodded silently in agreement to her and the pair walked on ahead inside to see if anyone knew where the Doc might be. The men turned back to them standing at the door with wide-eyes, looking at their appearances as the couple stood their ground. "Take a look and see what just breezed in the door," One of the men at the tables said.

Trying to ignore the amount of attention being received, she pulled Marty along over to the bar in order to seek their answers. "Why, I didn't know the circus was in town," Another man spoke to send the three men at the table into laughter over their insults. Coming up from behind the counter to set aside some more glasses to be cleaned, Amanda jumped in surprise over how identical he looked to her father.

Marty noticed this to slightly tug on her hand over his features. "That's—"

"Jerry, help these folks out why don't you. I need to grab something out from the back," The bartender at the front stated.

The young man nodded and turned over to her and Marty. He eyed her suspiciously to raise a finger over the blonde's appearance. "Bit of a rough spot for a farm girl like you to be in," Jerry commented in regards to the outfit Doc had left her and turned his attention to Marty, assuming him to be the one in charge when it was in fact the opposite. "What'll it be then, stranger?"

"Uh, I'll have a—"

Stopping him from continuing after being dismissed, Amanda ordered instead. "Shot of whiskey for me," She suggested to lean against the bar counter with a nod and motioned to Marty beside her to assume the actual charge she had between them, "You?"

He laughed under his breath over her disapproval over the lack of judgement the men had on her character. "Iced Water?"

The men that were mocking them at the door now laughed over the response as Jerry slowly shook his head over the suggestion. "You want water, you better go dunk your head in the horse trough out there." He grabbed a bottle set aside to put out a single glass to place in front of Marty. "As the lady stated, in here, we pour whiskey."

Another bartender came up to stand beside him, patting his back to relieve him and take the bottle instead as Jerry went off to the back. Noticing him set aside a glass left me her smile over the two shots being poured out for them. Smoke came off the sides to Amanda's surprise as she gently tapped the shot glass to note it was actually coming from the contact the liquor had to the bar. Marty raised a brow to her doing this to notice her focused with the act. Turning he eyes up to meet his gaze, her lips turned up into a grin. "C'mon ain't you ever seen a western?" She mocked to send him laughing.

"You're enjoying this way too much," Marty returned, eyeing her more than obvious amusement over the situation.

Amanda shrugged her shoulders, knowing he was right, before continuing to look down to the shot in front of her. "Excuse me," Marty said to gain the owner's attention on the other side helping someone else, "We're trying to find a blacksmith."

"Hey McFly. Thought I done told you never to come in—" Marty and Amanda turned to each other before back to whoever was calling after him. Seeing it was the man they'd identified in the photo to be Buford Tannen alongside three men behind him, as a Tannen apparently usually is with, he stood in front of the door watching them, "Hey you ain't Seamus McFly. You look like him though, especially with that dog-ugly hat."

Marty took off his hat to avoid being ridiculed as the men now laughed in his expense, still looking to him regardless. "You kin to that hay barber?"

Leaning down to her confused over the remark he made, Amanda stepped up to explain to him what it meant. "I'm pretty sure he's asking if you're related to Seamus."

"Seriously, do you have to know everything," Marty whispered back to her in surprise for the men to now look over his shoulder where she was hiding.

Buford peaked interest at the sight of the young girl with a devious grin now plastered on his face. Being uncomfortable over the sight, Amanda opted to hiding myself behind him as best she could. "And what's your little philly's name here?" He asked to have Marty wrap his arm to keep her away from the other men, "What are your names, dude?"

"Uh— Mart—" He stopped to raise his head high in confidence over to Tannen and his gang. "Eastwood. Clint Eastwood."

They only laughed unimpressed as he frowned over the lackluster response he received. "What kind of stupid name is that?"

"I'd say he's the runt of the litter," Another one of his men continued to mock.

One of them stepped over to try to take Amanda away from the hiding place he had kept her in. "And the prairie girl here?" The man asked interested. "Hadn't—"

Noticing his hand reach toward her face, she shoved him off before he could get the chance. He backed away to the rest of the group laughing over their appearances. "Oh, bit of a firecracker ain't she? Not bad for a farm girl."

Jerry and the owner came back again to place the glasses down for the four men before Buford slammed his whip down on the counter. "I'm lookin' for that no-good cheatin' blacksmith, you dudes seen him?"

Briefly looking over to the teenagers having just mentioned this, Jerry looked up over to Buford instead with fear in his eyes. "No, sir, Mr. Tannen. We have not."

"Tannen," Marty suddenly said to have her look to him confused over the inability to read a room, "You're Mad Dog Tannen."

Already quipping up a jab made over him forgetting, yet again, the photos they'd only sen last night in the library, she was stopped by suddenly everyone in the bar ducking away as soon as he mentioned the name.

Amanda looked to Jerry leaning out past the back of the bar as his gaze met hers, only shaking his head silently over the comment made. Seeing Buford wasn't exactly thrilled to hear it either caused her to gulp down saliva nervously over what was to follow. "I'm guessing that wasn't supposed to be said, blue."