physical ed

On to period 2... I went to the girls locker room to change ofc and AuJohnae was not there. I did not know she had already dressed out. So on to the bleachers I went and there and to my surprise AuJohnae was talking to Avery. Little background on him though  he was super chill and I always saw them together. What I didn’t know was they were dating… Our classes were separated by grade level. I  was in 8th she was 7th but we’re the same age. As we headed outside AuJanae pulled me to the side.

“ hey can we talk… i could really use a friend” 

I looked a little shocked before responding 

“ yea sure what's up?”

She started telling me what was going on with her and Avery, and explained  how he was not being a real boyfriend and to her. 

“He doesn’t talk to me how he used to, He acts as if I don't really exist. 
What should i do?”

*Thinking in my own selfish way I replied* 

“ Why not break up with avery and date a girl” looked away sheepishly

She stared at me then smiled, First thing I thought was she was just trying to mess with me but she was being genuine. So it took me all of 20 minutes  before I asked her out and believe it or not she said “yes”. I loved football  with a passion so the first thing we did was a little throw and catch and we just vibed. Day after day I saw her at school and she made me happy when I was around her. She made me feel different, I felt something I haven’t felt in a very long time. Considering that no one knew my secret it was hard to explain why I had butterflies, why I blushed when someone said her name and what I felt when I held her hand. Bleakly enough my grandma is a homophobic so she hated the fact that i was diffrent that I liked girls. She resented me so much that she was the reason for what happens next in this story.