Chapter 2

When Hyejin opened her eyes, she was greeted with the sound of thunder and heavy rain.

She glanced around and noticed an uncountable number of people bowing their heads in solemn respect.

She, along with the people dressed in strange costumes, were all under a large gazebo-like area with a lovely, flourishing garden surrounding them—which was currently getting drenched thanks to the thunderstorm. Hyejin raised an eyebrow at the direction they were all facing and saw a large, beautifully adorned golden casket with enough gems to buy a nation. By the casket stood an old man murmuring a prayer, wearing white religious clothing that was also adorned by intricate designs and small jewels. Hyejin assumed it was religious clothes, but wasn't sure as the old man bore a symbol of a sun that she didn't recognize.

She turned her head around and realized that she was the only one who didn't have her head bowed in the situation. Nonetheless, curiosity got the best of her and she found herself walking forward to see who was in the crazy expensive casket.

This is a dream, might as well fuel my curiosity.

What's the worst that could happen?

Standing still was not her forte, especially in this bizarre dream.

The last thing she remembered was getting knocked down by a car, so perhaps she was in the hospital and this was all a figment of her imagination in the midst of a coma?

A couple of whispers broke out when she walked in the direction of the casket but no one stopped her.

Since I'm dreaming, they must be obliging to my will!

When she finally stopped in front of a casket, she noticed a little girl kneeling and sobbing, who was no older than ten years old. Her arms were crossed on the open casket and she didn't even look up when she heard Hyejin approaching. Ignoring the little girl, Hyejin turned her attention to the person inside of the casket and she found her breath knocked out of her.

Inside of the casket was a gorgeous man.

No, gorgeous couldn't be used to describe the man. With long, shoulder-length black hair and a face that was surely sculpted by the gods, the man was muscular to an extent but not enough to overwhelm. Such a beautiful face, Hyejin wondered what color his eyes would be. He wore clothes that Hyejin had only seen in western movies that revolved around history. Even from a distance, she could tell that his perfectly tailored red robe was made from the finest material, possibly as expensive as the casket itself.

The little girl raised her head and Hyejin found herself astonished once again. Like a living doll, the little girl was incredibly beautiful. She had a pair of big, doe-like violet eyes and long, silky black hair. She mumbled something incoherent but Hyejin ignored her and turned her attention to the man that was unmoving in the casket.

"Your Majesty," the old man spoke in an unfamiliar language that Hyejin was able to understand.

Who?

"His Majesty will stay asleep mayhaps for a day, or for an eternity. All we can do is pray to Solaris for a miracle to fall on the monarchy of Aucainad." The old man's words were hushed, almost like he was preventing a cry at the tragedy before him.

Hyejin didn't say a word and turned back to the man. A few people were already closing the casket with a glass top, so the man was very easily seen through the transparency.

Sleeping beauty but it's a man? This dream is so weird.

A sudden, piercing pain erupted in her heart and she couldn't understand why. She gripped her fists and choked back a sob that couldn't be described as her own. The little doll-like girl next to her had already wrapped her arms around Hyejin, who didn't respond to her display of attachment. The people around them, including the old man, bowed once again and the old man mumbled another incantation that she couldn't understand.