Rafe

Sweet creature

"Hey Rafe can we talk?" You ask your boyfriend of almost two years. "Sure babe" he responds.

He sits on the edge of the bed next to you.

"Why are we fighting so much?" You ask.

Lately you and Rafe have been ending every night in an argument. Both of you hated it. You would argue over the dumbest things.

"I- I don't know" he mumbles. "Rafe we fight over the dumbest shit. Why?" You ask looking at him softly.

"I guess we are just both stubborn" he shrugs "Rafe" you say softly and you grab his hands. "I think we need a break" you say to him.

"What?" He asks sadly "Not a break up. Just a break" you tell him.

"Do we really need to?" He asks sadly "I think it will be best for both of us ok?" You put your hand on his cheek "It'll only be a couple of weeks yeah? My parents want to visit the mainland for 2 weeks to see some family" I tell him.

"Originally I was going to bring you but this will be the best opportunity for some time apart" you tell him.

"When do you leave?" He asks looking down at his lap. "Two days"

****

"Ok the bags are all in my parents car" you say to Rafe with a small smile and wiping your hands on your shorts.

"Please don't leave" he says looking into your eyes. You grab his face.

"This is what we need. It's only two weeks ok?" You say and he nods.

He pulls you into a tight hug. "I love you" he mumbles "I love you too"

****

You and Rafe agreed on no contact during the break. So you both blocked each other on every social media and each other's numbers. Just be sure you didn't text each other.

"You ok pumpkin?" Your dad asks "Oh um yeah I'm fine" you reply looking out of the window.

****

You arrive at your grandmothers house. As soon as you step in you are greeted by your Aunt and her children.

"Hi Auntie" you greet as she pulls you into a tight hug. "Hello darling how have you been?" She asks after you let go of the hug.

You greet your cousins then you walk towards your grandma who is sitting on the couch.

"Hi grandma" you greet her "Hey sweetie. How is everything going?" She questions "Great" you say putting on a fake smile.

"How's Rafe?" She asks and you shift uncomfortably in your seat.

"Mom I told you not to ask her about it" my mother tells my grandma.

"Oh hush up y/m/n let me talk to my granddaughter" your grandma snaps back.

"Come on honey let's go talk in private" your grandma says looking back at you.

She grabs your hand leading you to her room. She sits on the bed while you sit next to her.

"What's going on with you and your boyfriend?" She asks and you sigh.

"Well we just keep fighting over the dumbest shit. One minute we're fine the next we are fighting over who needs to load the dishwasher or who needs to do laundry. I'm sick of the constant fighting but I can't seem to tear myself away from him. If I even think about breaking up with him I have a breakdown and I just don't know what to do" you confess to your grandmother.

"Honey I know how you feel. When your grandfather and I were in our younger years we used to fight over dumb stuff too. But babydoll you just need to stick with it. Do you love him?" She tells you "Yes, very much" you tell her.

"Then there you go. That's all you need to know. You love each other and no matter how many fights. At the end of the day you still love each other"

****

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since you have seen your boyfriend. Two weeks since you talked to him.

Now you were on your way home to see him. While on your way home you unblock him on everything.

You had an amazing time seeing your family. It was the break you needed.

You feel happy and refreshed.

You decide to text Rafe to let him know you are on your way back to the house you two shared.

After a while of driving your parents pull into your driveway.

You dad helps take your bags out of the car. You say goodbye to them and they drive off.

You roll your suitcase up the driveway and to your front door unlocking it then entering your house.

"Rafe I'm home!" You call out no response. He must not be home.

You drag your suitcase up the stairs and you enter your bedroom.

Rafe is sleeping quietly on your side of your bed.

You quietly set your keys on the night stand.

"Rafe" you whisper lightly shaking him. "Rafe" you say a bit louder still lightly shaking him.

"Hmm?" He asks still half asleep "I'm home" you tell him and he shoots up.

"Y/n!" He says happily he hugs you resulting in you being pulled onto the bed.

"Het baby" you say equally happily while hugging him and running a hand through his hair.

He places kisses all over your face and you giggle.

You spend the rest of the day hanging out and catching up.

Now you laid on the hammock with your head on his chest.

"Baby" Rafe spoke running a hand through your hair "Yeah?" You ask.

"Are we going to be ok?" He asks "Do we love eachother?" You ask "Yeah" "Then we'll be just fine"

A/N: ok i thought this was a cute little imagine so yeah. Requests are always open so make sure you go back a couple of chapters and you can request a character and a quote :))))))