Topper

Sick

You enter your boyfriend Topper's house thanking his mother for letting you in.

You were supposed to go boating with him today. You happily walk to his room.

You open the door "Hey top you ready to go?" You question.

As you enter his room you see him laying on his bed. He looks paler than usual.

"I don't feel good" he mumbles turning his body towards you.

You sit on the edge of his bed.

"C'mere babe" you tell him. He slowly sits up and you press your hand against his forehead.

"Holy shit you're burning up" you say and he groans.

"I'm sorry I really wanted to go today" he mumbles "It's ok love. Your sick, just rest I'll be right back" you tell him standing up.

"Please stay" he says grabbing your hand "I will I'm just going to get you some orange juice and an ice pack" you tell him.

You kiss his forehead then walk into the kitchen grabbing some orange juice and an ice pack.

You walk back into his room and now he's watching tv still laying down.

"Sweetie take the blankets off you're burning up and they certainly won't help" you tell him and he kicks the blanket off of himself onto the ground.

You hand him a bottle of tylenol out of your backpack and hand it him.

"Take these it should help the fever" you tell him he takes the medicine the you place the ice pack on his head.

"Do you have any cold medicine?" You ask and he shakes his head.

You sigh sitting next to him in bed and he lays his head in your lap.

You run your fingers through his head.

"Do you know how you got sick?" You ask looking down at him "No I haven't been around anyone who has been sick recently" he says then sniffles.

"Do you need some tissues? You sound stuffy" you tell him "No I just want to cuddle" he mumbles.

"Top are you positive you don't need tissues?" You ask ignoring his cuddling comment.

"Yes I'm sure" he says then he sniffles again.

"I'm going to get you some tissues" you say you gently moved his head off of your lap.

You grab a box of tissues from his bathroom. Then walk back into his room.

"Here baby" you say handing the box to him "I don't need it" he pouts crossing his arms.

"You're a literal child" you tell him laughing you lay in bed next to him.

He snuggles into you laying his head in your chest.

"I'm cold" he whines you grab the blanket from the floor laying over the two of.

"Is this blanket made of fire?" He asks after a few minutes to yet again kick it off.

You laugh at his childish state.

"Why are you laughing?" He asks "You're acting like my little brother does when he's sick. It's adorable" you tell him playing with his hair.

"Am not" he pouts and you laugh again.

You continue watching whatever was on the tv.

"I know what'll make me feel better" he says "What?" You ask looking down at him "A kiss" you sigh.

"I can't kiss you right now because then I'll get sick and you'll have to take care of me" you tell him "Sounds great to me" he says.

He sits up and start to lean in you put your finger up to his lip.

"Topper no I don't want to get sick" you tell him "Please" he whines and you shake your head.

"Come on its just one" you shake your head again and he pouts. "Please it'll make me feel better" he begs.

"Baby no. You don't want to have to take care of me do you?" You ask "I mean I don't mind" he shrugs smiling.

You kiss his forehead "There's your kiss" you say patting his cheek.

"Ugh fine" he groans and putting his head on your chest again.

"Get some sleep bub. You'll feel better tomorrow" you say kissing the top of his head and you both fall asleep.