Time Of Our Lives (Gray Fullbuster #2)

The Fairy Tail members are waiting for the next few minutes, gazing upon Horologium's clock face. When the clock strikes midnight, a new year will be upon Fiore. 

The entire Fairy Tail guild are having a New Year's party along with a few other guild members. Everyone had a reason to celebrate since the new year was coming. A couple of wizards were looking back on the year as they were talking about their new year's resolution. Lots of wizards are achieving personal goals like losing weight, improving their magic skills, becoming S-Class Wizard, or taking jobs with more jewels. 

You, on the other hand, are not thinking about your new year's resolution. In fact, you are starting to think you should have made rent money a part of your this year's resolution. What's the point of celebrating when you haven't paid the rent in TWO MONTHS?! 

You were trying to find a high-paying job, but it's hard when you don't have magic powers. You aren't a wizard, but Fairy Tail was more than happy to take you in. So you are just working a time-consuming job with less pay than you actually deserved. 

The other wizards were helping to support you, but you couldn't help to feel like a parasite. They were your friends. While it's true you needed the money, it still didn't mean you wanted to leech of others. 

While the entire guild partied, a certain Ice Wizard couldn't help but notice you were depressed. All you were doing was staring into your (favorite drink). What else could you do? You were certain you are going to be kicked out of your apartment. 

        "Hey, (Name)?" the smooth voice asks you. You gasp as you couldn't help feel humiliate. You turn your attention from your drink to stare into the eyes of Gray Fullbuster. To be honest, you had a bit of a crush on him. The reason you feel like such a loser is because you didn't want to start tearing up in front of him. It's true that he's been the one who's been helping you out the most. How can you face him when all you been doing is disappointing him?

        "Hey." you say. What else could you say to him? You feel like a failure, especially to him.

        "Why the long face? Today's New Year's Eve. We're suppose to be celebrating. Besides, it's kinda of hard to celebrate when I see you moping around." Gray asks you. This lead to you clutching your fist. 

        "It's because I'm nothing. What's the point of celebrating when I got a low-paying job, working endless hours, and not being able to use magic at all! I can't even pay my own rent. I'm such an idiot and a parasite. What's the point of celebrating when I'm in big trouble?" you tell him in a stern tone. Your tears fell down your cheeks like a waterfall. You hid your face with your hair. You couldn't be pathetic in front of him even though you know you just did.

        "You shouldn't be thinking like that." Gray tells you. You quickly whip your tears, still not looking at him. "Don't ever say your a parasite because you're not!" Gray exclaims to you. You turn your gaze back to him. Anger is clearly written on his face. "You've been working long hours only receive so little pay. It's clearly not fair. That's why I've been helping you. Because I don't want to see someone care about be so miserable." Gray tells you. You were confused.

        "Why me? Out of all the people in the world, why me?" you ask him. He smiles at you.

        "Because I can see potential in you." Gray explains to you. You still have a question look on your face. "So what is this year's been a total mess. Start looking at the positives. You got friends who will look out for you no matter what. Even though your job sucks, at least you got a job. And most importantly, you'll always have me." Gray says as he gives you a sexy smile. 

You couldn't believe it. All this time you've been thinking about the bad times when you should remember the good times this year. It's true you made memories and friendships that will last a life time. Especially when one of the friends is actually spending New Year's with you.

        "Now are you going to  stand there, or do you want to dance?" Gray asks you as he holds out a hand to you. You gladly take his hand.

        "I would love to dance." you say as you give him an angelic smile. He waste no time in pulling you into his arms. He leads you to the dance floor where the DJ starts playing music. 

I knew my rent was gon' be later 'bout a week ago
I work my ass off
But I still can't pay it though
But I got just enough
To get off in this club
Have me a good time, before my time is up
Hey, let's get it now

As you were dancing with Gray, the tension starts to flow out of your body like a river. You didn't even care if you had the last 20 jewels on you. This is the last night of the year. You wanted to own it. Get loose, have fun, because it's your night... Gray's night... it's everyone's night. You're going to have the time of you life tonight. 

Ooh I want the time of my life
Oh baby ooh give me the time of my life
Let's get it now

Juvia stalks stares at you with a murderous aura from one of the pillars of the Fairy Tail Guild. She was about to confront you until Lyon saw her. He starts hugging her with such love and affection. She became confused at first, but she remembered to pull you away from her beloved Gray. Lyon gave her no chance as he starts dragging her to the dance floor. He forces insists Juvia dances with him. 

Fist pumping in the air, Natsu break dancing, and Gray giving into dancing like Michael Jackson just to cheer you up. He'd never liked dancing, especially when he had a dance battle with Cancer. 

        "I had no idea that you were a dancer." you tell him. He twirls you around.

        "Well, these things tend to happen when you just suck it up and go for it. Besides, you'll do anything for the one you love." Gray confessed to you. You were spun around as your back made contact with his now shirtless chest. You can practically savor his well-toned chest. It made you blush like a cherry. Your face turn redder as you realize his confession. 

Everybody goin' through somethin'
(Everybody goin' through somethin')
Said, everybody goin' through somethin'
(Everybody goin' through somethin')
Say you might as well roll it up,
Pour it up, drink it up, throw it up tonight

        "Look I'm going to sound cheesy, so I'm only going to say it once. I've been in love with you ever since I'd first laid my eyes on you. I never believe in love at first sight until now. Even though Juvia has feelings for me, you have the one thing she doesn't." Gray says. 

        "W-What's that?" you stammer. Gray smirks as he spins you around again so your torso was pressed against his. He looks deeply in your eyes and gives you a sexy smile. You felt like you were going to faint. 

        "You have my heart." Gray simply answers. Best. Pick-up line. Ever.

This is for anybody going through times
Believe, been there, done that
But everyday above ground is a great day, remember that

Realization and reality slams into your face. You weren't the only one with struggles. The whole point of New Year's was to have a new start. Natsu is determine to find Igneel, Wendy is hoping to find Grandeeney, and Gajeel wishes to know what happen to Metallicana. (Though, Gajeel will never admit it.) Even Happy is determine to get Carla to return his feelings. 

You take it in how you weren't alone. Because it's good to know you're still. Live your live to the fullest. And you wanted to spend the last night of the year with none other than Fairy Tail's Ice Prince Wizard.

I knew my rent was gon' be later 'bout a week ago
I work my ass off
But I still can't pay it though
But I got just enough
To get off in this club
Have me a good time, before my time is up
Hey, let's get it now

        5...

        4...

        3...

        "I love you." Gray whispers.

        2...

        "I love you too." you say to him in a sweet voice.

        1...

Gray cups your cheeks as he gives you a gentle kiss. Your eyes widen as his lips contact to yours. You kissed him back. As you guys kept kissing each other, the kiss was getting deeper and deeper.

And the best part... Juvia ended up getting kissed by Lyon. She wanted to deny it, but she started kissing back. Lyon finally won Juvia's heart as you won Gray's heart.  

        "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone exclaims as the clock strikes midnight, signaling the beginning of a new year.

Ooh I want the time of my life
Oh baby ooh give me the time of my life
Hey, hey, hey
Let's get it now

Epilogue
        While it's true you lost your apartment, you gained something better. You are living with your new boyfriend, Gray Fullbuster. He's helped you to get a better job and even offered to help you learn magic. It won't be easy to become as strong as Erza or Laxus... but you just want to have a better year with the Ice Wizard.