Power of the Word

For the Word to be effective when you use it, you need to understand and believe in its power. If you don't believe what you confess from the Bible, it won't have any effect. You will merely be saying words that have no life.

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. -Hebrews 4:12 (NLT)

You need to understand that the Word of God is powerful, alive, and sharper than the sharpest sword you can ever find. The Bible isn't just a book of history or stories about people, but it is filled with power, life, and truth. It gives you solution to problems you face; it brings healing, prosperity, and success; it delivers you from evil and oppression, guides and directs you, shows you the mind of the Father, cleanses you, gives you strength, and so much more. 
You need to realize that when you hold the Word of God, you hold power, and when you confess it, you speak life. You should remember that Jesus is the Word (In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God - John 1:1), so when you read the Word, you fellowship with Jesus and know him more.
In Psalm 119:105, it is written that 'Your Word is a lamp for my feet, a lamp on my path'. This verse gives the assurance that God's Word directs you. When everywhere seems dark and you don't know which way to go, the Word lights your way and directs you.

Below are two verses that will help you understand more about the power of God's word.
- The word teaches you what is right
2 Timothy 3:16 — All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
- The word builds your Faith
Romans 10:17 — So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.