Stop Worrying

Why do we find it so easy to worry about things? We worry about little things, big things, what we will eat, what we will drink, what we will wear, how tomorrow will be, how we will do on our tests and exams even after studying really hard, we worry about the family member or friend who is sick and so many other things that people consider normal to worry about.

Worrying over everything has become so easy it's almost like a reflex action. Nowadays people worry about money, health, relationships, job security, the future, and many others. While all these might feel as a valid reason to worry, we shouldn't worry about them. For instance, not having money for food or shelter is kind of a big deal and can lead to many problems, but worrying about it can't solve anything.

Worrying just makes us stressed, gives us insomnia, and even affects our health. So in reality, worrying never takes away our problems but just adds to them. It solves nothing at all. Has your worrying ever made any situation better? Think about it.

And yes, I know it's not easy to stop worrying, it's something I'm still working on in my life and praying to God to help me with. However, we need to grow to the point where we stop being anxious over things. God loves us and wants the best for us, He wants us to always be at peace and doesn't want us to worry when he has the ability to provide all we need. We need to trust in God to supply our needs at all times and in all situations.

Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

This is what God wants from you. Instead of worrying, pray about it. It's out of your control but not out of God's control. God has the power to do the impossible so instead of being anxious, take it to God, your heavenly Father, in prayer and thank Him for all he has done and all He will do concerning your situation. If you are sick, know that it's God's will for you to be made whole, for you to be well. So instead of fretting, pray for healing and thank Him for it because you will receive it. And when you do all these, you'll be at peace. You'll have peace from God that will keep your heart and mind free from anxiety, that when people see you expecting you to be worried, they won't be able to understand how you can be so calm.
That's what God wants to accomplish in you. He wants you to always be at peace because Jesus is the prince of peace and since the Prince of peace lives in you, you should always have peace. So stop worrying.

Matthew 6:25-33
25 "That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing?
26 Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?
27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
28 "And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing,
29 yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.
30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
31 "So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?'
32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.
33 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

If God feeds the birds, clothes the lilies and cares for the wildflowers, He will surely feed you, clothe you, care for you, and provide for all your needs because you are far more valuable than them. Worrying can't add anything to your lives or solve any of your problems, so you need to have faith in God who already knows your needs. You just need to focus on seeking the kingdom of God and living a righteous life, and God will definitely give you everything else you need.

When you worry, it's like you don't have complete trust in God and you don't believe in his ability. You shouldn't fear, worry, fret, or be anxious because you have God and are surrounded by his love.

Now it may not be easy to stop worrying all at once because it's something that has become a reflex action for most people, so you should just take it one step at a time, knowing God will help you. It's never by your ability, but it's the Holy Spirit that helps you; so you need to trust in Him and make conscious effort by meditating on the Word of God. You can start meditating on the verses here and then check for more scriptures in the Bible that teaches about how God cares for His Children and provides for them.
So just keep reading the word, meditating on it and practicing it, and before you know it, you'll stop worrying about things and leave everything to God who loves you, can perform miracles and can change your situation.