Chapter 1

He doesn't remember how they meet they had always been friends for as long as he could remember and that's all that mattered. (Y/N) Heldalf and his good friend Velvet Crowe.

Both of them were Author's students Velvet preferred a gantlet blade while (Y/N) used a battle hammer. The two would often spare but Velvet could never beat (Y/N) maybe it had to do with fact that (Y/N) had immense potential to be a powerful exorcist. Whenever Laphicet was well enough to go adventuring in the woods the three would go together. The three of them were practically family. As Velvet and (Y/N) grew older the people of Aball would joke about when the two would get married at first the they laughed it off as nonsense but slowly... they fell for each other (Y/N) loved Velvets kind heart how warm and loving she was her warm smile that filled up a room and he would cross the world for her cooking plus her beauty was second to none. Velvet loved (Y/N) for his heart as well and his unbreakable will, one-time Laphi dropped one of his books in a snow storm (Y/N) spent three days looking for that book. He was a strong and he cared for her and Laphicet like a big brother to them even thought there was not a drop of blood between them. Plus, the fact he was drop dead handsome in Velvets eyes didn't hurt.

The sun rose on Aball and a life was going as it did and Velvet had returned from her hunt with fresh prickle boar meat. After selling it and buying what she needed she headed home. She opened the front door to find Laphicet and (Y/N) siting at the table but then she saw frog on the table with all needles in its head. "You see Laphicet keep the right chemicals flowing in the body and in theory you can make anything sleep for an eternity."

"(Y/N) how many do I have to tell you no experiments on our table." Velvet said as her eye twitching in stress. "Pleas Velvet you know (Y/N) is leaving tomorrow." Laphicet said pleading. Velvet let out a long sigh "Only because he is leaving." Laphicet clapped his hands together then turned his attention back to the frog "Ok to summarized Laphicet if you manage to manipulate certain chemicals in the brain you can induce a death like sleep that's what my father dose whenever he performs surgery on those who have been attacked by daemons." "It so cool that your whole family are doctors (Y/N)" Laphicet said

Yeah, it's cool and I really hope that our move to midgand to fulfill my father's dream of going into business there pans out but like I have said before we made a deal, I help father for three years and then I can come back and live here on my own so don't worry I will be back before you know it little man."

Later that night after Laphicet had gone to bed Velvet was trying to sew that scarf she had been working on then she looked up and saw (Y/N) staring into her window wide eyed like an owl. Causing her to fall backwards in her chair she stumbles to her feet to see him holding in his laughter. Velvet storm over to her window and opened it "what the hell" she wisped yelled "Oh come Velvet it's my last night hear and I want share one last pie with my best friend or are you saying no to my apple pie he said holding it up to her the sent filling her nose. "Ok but just one slice."

One whole pie later the two friends sat in Velvets room not talking and (Y/N) had an idea why "I really am going to miss Velvet you know that right." Velvet turned her head away from him "you promised you stay the night when the scarlet moon happens one month from now." "I know I hate that and I have to break my promise and I know you angry about me leaving hell it the reason you broke up with me. But that doesn't mean we can't get back together in three years?"

"No in three years I will be 19 and I will probably have gotten married by then." Velvet said still looking away from him. (Y/N) chuckled "velvet I have known you since you were 5 years old, I was your babysitter when sister had other things to do no one knows like I do you tell me things I know you don't Arthur or Laphi you and I are friends and nothing will change that. Velvet still didn't meet his gaze. "All right I know when I'm not wanted good night Velvet." With that (Y/N) left without another word.